We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooms at viva wydham azteca

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
rooms at viva wydham azteca

hi i leave next week and was wondering if any one can suggest good location of a room...i asked for patio becasue i heard there really is no balcony...also im hoping to upgrade to an ocean view when i get there. my travel agency only had the basic superior rooms.

also overall how was your experiance there.???

good and bad.

thanks!!!

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

anyone?

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

Hi

I have not stayed there but I was planning a few years back

At that time if you sign up at the Wyndham hotels &Resort web site

You get a membership number free of charge and you can use that number to get a free upgrade at the resort

I hope this helps you out a bit

If you do this you will get a card in the mail but at least you get a membership number right a way if this running short of time for your departure

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

thanks for the info!!!!!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

I think that you can get a free upgrade at the Wyndham hotels with their membership only if you book at their web-site (which is more expensive then elsewhere).

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

Hi Shermie,

Stayed at the Azteca for 10 days this past June...

We also asked for a ground (patio) level room as the balconies are only to look out on, not for sitting...

We liked this hotel very much and truthfully had such a great location we never sat on the patio, it was just literally 20 steps to the pool chairs...

They have some great beach at the Azteca and we walked the beach to Playa one day, it was very nice (only mistake we should have taken flip flops and t-shirts and money so we could have gotten some cold drinks haha

we did not get up grades but had requested rooms close to the pool, this put us quite close to the ocean

the resort is smaller and easy to navigate, one of the things we liked about it..

they have this giant palapa near the pool with bar, food and a good amount of tables, this is a great spot...

the location of this hotel is great, you can go outside and walk to a nice little shopping area or it is only a $5 cab to Playa...

hope you have a great time we did...

when we walked the beach we were not bothered by one person trying to sell us something...refreshing from our vacation the year before in the Dominican where they made me so crazy...

if you have any other questions, message me

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

thanks so much boston...i hope i get my request...sounds perfect place for me..and good to hear you liked it.

thanks 8 more sleeps

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

We are also heading to this resort in Jan for 2 weeks. Please let me know which rooms are good as I am unable to find info on this resort. Have a great holiday.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

i will for sure let you know..its hard getting info on this resort

i will make note of room numbers

Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

You will not be dissappointed. My family and I have stayed here twice. It's a great smaller resort. The rooms are a little more on the basic side. But very comfortable. The food is very good. And you have exchange privledges with the Viva Maya. Have a great time!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rooms at viva wydham azteca

Hola Shermie!

If possible could you get a map of the hotel property and post it when you return?

Have a great time! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the Viva Wyndham Azteca!

Cindy in Denver