We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

We just got back from Secrets Capri it was an amazing vacation and the resort was wonderful...with a few downfalls...I just wrote my review but if any one has any questions I would be happy to answer them....

Montreal
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

I didn't see your review on the Secrets Capri page, maybe it hasn't been posted yet. Just a few questions though:

What kind of room did you stay in and what part of the resort was it located? My wife and I are booked for a Standard Tropical View Room and I would like to request one of the wings, which one has a nicer view the north wing or the south wing?

I know that for breakfast there is the buffet or the "a la carte" option but is there usually a wait at either or do you just walk in? Also, what time does breakfast begin? On one of the days we have a very early morning excusion, are we better off calling room service and at what time does room service start offering breakfast?

Thanks in advance :)

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

Hi. We are scheduled to arrive at Secrets Capri next Sat so I do have a couple of questions.

Did you take the complimentary shuttle into Playa Del Carmen and, if so, how far ahead did you have to book it?

Does Oceana offer lobster on the menu? How was the beach/ocean? I have heard the ocean has a muddy bottom instead of sand(?)...

Also - did you pay extra for the honeymoon package or was it complimentary? We are celebrating our anniversary and wondered about the romantic dinner on the beach if there is a charge for it?

Thanks so much for your help!

Beechluver

Montreal
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

I just thought of another question which is fairly specific... Does the resort have a shop where I could buy individual cigars for smoking at the resort, or would I really need to go into PDC. If they do sell cigars on site are there any nice spots at Capri for kicking back and enjoying, preferably with a view of the ocean?

Thanks again JenK81

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

Iceman...we had room 517 it was on top floor in the corner we had a tropical view it was of front of the resorts gardens and if you looked out to the right you saw the ocean. I added that photo to my review. As far as breakfast I believe it started at 6am at both the buffet and the seaside grill. We never ordered room service but they did have coffee and pastries in the lobby for people arriving early or leaving early. They had cigars available in the resorts gift shop and also a guy with a stand setup outside the sports bar every night...there are plenty of spots to smoke them looking at the ocean...they have nice hammocks as well that are on one end of resort on the beach that are nice and relaxing and not many people are near them.

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

Beechluver...we didn't leave the resort and we didn't get a chance to eat at oceana so can't help you there. We ate at the other places and didn't see lobster on menu...I will say the fillet mignon at seaside grill was melt in your mouth amazing! They had a mexican and a carribean night while we were there so we didn't get a chance to eat at oceans or the himitzu places. Also the beach did have a muddy bottom if you went out past your knees but before that it was sandy. We got the complimentary honeymoon pkg that was a fruit basket a bottle of champagne and a coupon for 15% off at the spa. We had coupons for dinner on the beach which we saw people doing and it looked amazing but we didn't get a chance to do it. I don't think it cost much to do either. You will be so surprised on how fast time flies here and what you wont get a change to do lol...so try to take it all in! Enjoy! Oh and try the dirty monkey drink it is amazing!

Montreal
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

Hi JenK81,

Thanks for the responses :) If you said that when you looked right you could see the ocean, that means you were in the north wing correct? Was room 517 closer to the beach or the main lobby building? Also what did you see if you looked left?

I'm planning on making a request so I want to make sure :)

Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

just wondering... we are wanting to go to the Secrets Capri for our honeymoon in February... is the dinner on the beach included in the complimentary honeymoon package? what bldg number is the best location to enjoy the pool area as well as the beach? someone said the beach area is not as nice as Secrets Maroma and that you can't walk very far... is this true? any recommendations you can make to help us have the best honeymoon is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

Iceman im not good with direction but we were in the main building and right next to elevator so you take elevator down to the lobby and then hit the staircase and there's the pool and beach access.

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

Iceman also want to add that the resort is very small so anywhere your room is will be close to lobby/beach/pool.

Lacee dinner on beach is extra but not much all that is complimentary is the champagne fruit basket and 15% off at spa letter. Also the beach at maroma is better but it didn't make a 1000$ in price difference to us...the beach was great at capri and we took walks everyday from one end of the island to the other end a lot of people walked the beaches from all the resorts along that beach. The left side if you walk out the lobby and straight down to beach is the best side to walk less to rocky. If you walk to the right there's more rocks but capri itself has a smooth beach there were no rocks and they had staff raking the beach every morning to make sure of that.

Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back from Secrets Capri, any questions??

Thanks for the info... I agree, the price just for beach doesn't make sense would rather spend that money of the dinner on the beach.

glad you had a great vacation and can't wait for our honeymoon.