We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

Does anyone happen to have the lunch menu for the sitdown restaurant at the Valentin that they could share or know what was all on it?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

I couldn't get enough of the Chipolte Shrimp dish, served on creamy mashed potatoes.....I still can't stop thinking about it and have been meaning to recreate it.

Good menu - at least 2 kinds of fish, echiladas, burgers, nachos....and other stuff I can't remember.

We checked out the buffet one day and immediately turned around and headed back to the a la carte.

Niles MI
Level Contributor
152 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

I didn't take a photo of the menu but my husband loved the black mussels, he had them twice on the lunch menu. I really didn't find a favorite, I tried several things. If I had to pick I guess I'd say the chicken tostidos would probably be what I'd order again. We were a little disappointed with it this trip. After a couple days we tried the buffet because of the limited menu. You can find somethingand it wasn't bad just after about 3 days we were a little bored with the choices I guess.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

Does that sit down menu lunch place get really busy so you need to only go at certain times if you want to get a seat or is it pretty easy to get in?

What is the view like from that restaurant?

We're not really fond of big buffets for lunch since they are usually huge and all you can hear is the clatter of dishes like a big cafeteria....not our thing plus we're not big trough eaters so we'll probably head to that a la carte restaurant for a more intimate and quiet lunch .

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

Just for another view. We like the buffet. We found it to have more variety and the food was very good for lunch. But as you know, food is the original matter of taste.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

I actually thought that lunch was the worst meal at VIM. Breakfast and dinners were very good.

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

Do they have cooking stations at the buffet or is more of a cafeteria type line? Also, does anyone know what's on the room service menu?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

CY - they do have cooking stations at the buffet.

Adanac - we didn't go to the sit down lunch until our last day. We weren't leaving for the airport until 1:00 pm, so wanted to sit in an air conditioned area so we wouldn't get too sweaty. The restaurant was full and I noticed it was mostly new arrivals who weren't able to check into their room yet so they must've had the same idea as us and wanted to eat in the air conditioned area since they hadn't changed clothes yet.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

I was just reading the hotel's own website in the description for the Mar and Tierra restaurant for a lunch option that you could "feel the breeze" near the ocean or the pool. I kinda was looking forward to this and eating at a table outside. Are there many tables outside or is it more of an indoor air conditioned restaurant?

It sounds like there are 2 places - #1 Mar and #2 Tierra ?

What is the difference between the two (Mar and Tierra) at lunch in terms of indoor/outdoor seating and food choices?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

adanac55

Mar/Tierra is one restaurant. It is an open air restaurant. I really loved the salmon. We ate most of lunches there rather than walking up to the buffet. I have read that the VIM now has burgers and pizza poolside. Wish they had that when we were there.

Enjoy your vacation!!

Mary

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Valentin - lunch menu at the sitdown rest. option?

bump