We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Tucan

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Tucan

When you stay at the Iberostar Tucan do you get to visit the sister resorts like we did when we stayed at the Iberostar Cozumel?

State College...
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Tucan

At the tucan you have exchange privileges with the Iberostar Cozumel and the Iberostar Beach/Del Mar in Playa Paraiso. I believe that the day pass starts at 10am and you must be off property by 6pm. We stayed at the Tucan this past October and visit a friend who now works at the Iberostar Cozumel. It was fun seeing the other property.

B.C.
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Tucan

Hey thanks for asking the Iberostar exchange question, we are headed to the Iberostar Tucan in a few days and were thinking about doing a day trip to cozumel. That would be fun to check out their other resort, are you allowed to use their restaurants etc, and where would you get the day pass from, the tucan or cozumel resort?

Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Tucan

Me too!! Thanks!

We are going to Iberostar Tucan in a few weeks, Dec 31- Jan 8 to be exact.

The plans are to take ferry to cozumel and do the "Amazing Race Cozumel" and possibly the bar hop...should we skip one and go to the Iberostar Cozumel? Or, is it worth a visit?

Thanks for the post

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,413 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Tucan

You would have to take the ferry to Cozumel from Playa. Then you would have to take a taxi to the IB Cozumel. You check in at the front desk there and then you can eat and drink until 6 PM.

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Tucan

The Iberostar Cozumel is quite a distance from the ferry, I think cab fare is about $18each way.

Edited: 04 December 2010, 01:55
Mattawan, MI
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Tucan

How was the resort during the holiday season? Weather? Trying to decide between Tucan and the Maya (north of Playa). Traveling with daughter, 10 and hubby. Thoughts??

Thanks!!

Tami

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,413 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Tucan

If you are talking about the Iberostar Paraiso Maya, it is in a different class than the IB Tucan/

Quetzal.

The Maya is much newer and had much bigger rooms and better amenities and more dining choices. In fact at the IB T/Q you only get three ala carte dinner reservations for a seven night stay. At the IB Maya you can eat ala carte every night of your stay and have a concierge in your building to make all your dinner reservations. You would also have full use of the Lindo, Del Mar and Beach resorts in the same complex. There are also extra included eateries at the Commercial Center at the IB Paraiso complex.

Mattawan, MI
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Tucan

I'm worried about the weather in Dec!! I want the hot sun all day long. Maybe I need to look for another beach resort, Jamaica Punta Cana?

State College...
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Tucan

I've been to the Tucan in December..and to be honest, seeing that you are from Michigan, you will welcome Mexico's December weather (compared to Michigan in December!). It's comfortably hot during the day with lower humidity than normal..and it cools off a little at night. I honestly think that you're going to find similar weather in Jamaica or PC.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,413 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Tucan

We have been there several times during Christmas holidays and the weather has been great. Warm and sunny during the day and just a bit cool in the evening. All I ever needed at night was a light sweater some nights.

We swam every day and enjoyed the sunshine and warmth