We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars for the older crowd

bc canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bars for the older crowd

Hi

My husband and I are heading to Playa at end of January . We are wondering what bars close to the Gran Porto Real have a older but fun crowd. Thanks from BC

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
773 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars for the older crowd

um...all of them. lol

Try Bad Boys on Thursday and Saturday nights and Luna Blue on Tuesdays and I think Fridays.

You'll see there are a good mix of people of all ages all around town but I think most on this forum will agree that the crowd in Playa does tend to be a bit "older". In any case you won't have a hard time meeting people and having a great time!

Enjoy!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bars for the older crowd

2nd vote for Bad Boys on Thursday and Saturday nights!

bc canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bars for the older crowd

Thank you for the help fellow Canadians we will check out bad boys for sure.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bars for the older crowd

PG's Sandbox is just 3 blocks north of the GPR on 1st avenue. This is a Canadian owned sportsbar, great place to hang out and catch up on a hockey game, very unique atmosphere.

Love Luna Blue and Bad Boys, but stop by the Fusion Hotel after 5PM and catch some of their live music. Zenzi's a couple of blocks north on the beach is a fun place. Along the side streets of 5th avenue you find numerous bars. Al's Beer Bucket on 10 calle comes to mind as does the Dirty Martini Bar on 1st avenue between 10 and 12 calle. The young crowd hangs out on 12 calle from 10th ave and Coco Bongos to the Blue Parrot on the beach and 12 calle.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bars for the older crowd

If you go to PG's Sandbox, make sure you try their Jalapeno Kisses. I recommend the Mango Martini at the swing bar at the Luna Blue as well.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
653 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bars for the older crowd

Bad Boys- we arrive on a Thursday in March. We will have time to check in, unpack and then head right to Bad Boys. Can't wait!!

Edited: 08 January 2011, 22:08
Stoneham...
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bars for the older crowd

ah love the crowd at bad boys.....always fun

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bars for the older crowd

My vote goes to Luna Blue swing bar... We went to nad boys on Thursday and left after 30 min we found it boring... Wicky's was also great on the patio when there is entertainment. Erica is an awesome asset to that establishment. If you make it to Luna Blue say hi to Jorge and Nicho aka Chucky they are both awesome!!!

Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bars for the older crowd

boring at Bad Boyz....hmmmmmmmm

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bars for the older crowd

We were at GPR last January and loved Bad Boys especially walking back to the hotel on the moonlit beach. We also stopped at Fusion to cap off a nice evening.