We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Hola!

Arrived to Riu Palace Mexico yesterday.

-Lovely room

-Friendly service/stuff

-SwimminPool is good enough for swims (some did say it is too shallow to swim)

And the weather has been just perfect now! Hot days & warm evenings. In my opinion, very warm evenings (and I'm usually the freezing one).

Oh, and tasty drinks (con alcohol & sin alcohol) ;)

East Yorks
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Glad you are enjoying RPM Jone,

We will be there in 3 months for our honeymoon. It will be our 3rd visit to Playa Del Carmen and our 2nd visit to the Riu Palace Mexico. I'm happy to hear that it is still as wonderful as ever!

Maryland
Level Contributor
350 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Fantastic. We leave on Saturday and cannot wait. We really need to get out of this cold weather!

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Glad to see your having a blast and the weather is great.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Thanks for the update! We'll be in PDC Feb 7-14th and glad to hear the weather is great! 27 more sleeps....

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Good morning!

Had another tasty breakfast (I'm vegetarian and even I did find plenty to eat, a bit too much actually!).

In some reviews there were mentiones that RPM is wearn down... But I think this place looks just gorgeous! Or maybe I just don't know where to look.

Trying to hit the gym soon & let you know how it is (I noticed that there aren't lots of info about the gym in the net).

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Ok, about the Riu Palace Mexico's gym/fitness room.

It does have some sort "A/C" (fans on the ceiling, but it was sufficient at least at on my visit).

The equipments at the RPM gym are very basic. But you can do your basic work out there.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Glad your loving it. I'm excited for Riu Palace Riviera Maya! The latest pic posted with a review showed a really dirty bathtub....blah! How's the bathroom..looking clean? Ha--it will be fun no matter what - have a great time!

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Our bath tub is looking really clean.

Well the whole room (& the entire resort) seems to be very clean. At least in my opinion... Just great & lovely :)

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Thanks Jone! Did you try the room service yet? Enjoy that beautiful beach & pool - have fun!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Greetings from Playacar (Riu Palace Mexico)!

Hi,

I'm considering booking this resort for our trip in February. How is the food? We like a good variety? How is the beach? water grade? sand - soft or rocky? We are beach people. How far is this resort from PDC?

also, what is the evening entertainment like? Is there a club/disco onsite? any other suggestions for a couple in their mid 30's?

sorry for all the questions, but I'm really trying to narrow down my choices and make a decision very soon.

thanks,

Sandy