We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM wedding

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Topic
VIM wedding

hello...i am planning my wedding in Nov i have read alot of good things on this resort and i am very close to booking this...we will a range of ages with us 18-50 is there motorized water sports and this resort (jet ski's, parasailing that kind of thing)... and one more thing...anyone had there wedding here or been to a wedding here any thoughts?

:)

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM wedding

No motorized sports at the VIM unless they were recently added.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
825 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM wedding

There weren't any motorized water sports in July.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM wedding

I was there in October 2010 - no motorized sports at that time.

There are a lot of rocks (ironshore) right along the water's edge at much of the VIM's beach area - totally not conducive to zipping up and down on a jet ski. I don't know if this is the reason they don't have that sort of thing at the VIM.

I'll be honest, I'm not sorry there aren't jet skis etc. at the VIM; the sound of those things buzzing up and down all day really "harshes my mellow" when I'm getting my beach on..... not that anyone asked!

As for weddings there, I actually haven't seen any but they're really well set up for it. There's a little chapel thingy which would be perffect for the ceremony and whilst it's open air, there are covered walkways all the way there from the main reception building. (Mother Nature doesn't always co-operate just because it's your special day).

If you haven't checked it out already, the VIM's own website has a whole page dedicated to weddings: - http://www.valentinmaya.com/weddings.htm

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM wedding

We saw a wedding. Very beautiful but no privacy due to the location of the chapel. I'm sure they have other places for the ceremony on the resort but if you are looking for intimacy and also want to use the chapel you will not find both at the VIM.

Medford, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
354 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM wedding

There was a wedding on the beach when we arrived that we could watch from our balcony. It looked very beautiful. The pictures must be amazing! But no motorized sports, it's very quiet good for your 50 year olds but not so much for the 18 year olds.

6. Re: VIM wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 10:38