We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMG - dress codes and dining options?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
SMG - dress codes and dining options?

HI

we are a couple coming from Australia to SMB 24-30 april.....cant wait

Please let me know what dress codes are enforeced, in particular for men. We are casual hear, women wear nice dresses/skirts, men (my husband in particular) will wear dark dress jeans with shirt. Is this adequate? In daytime or outdoor setting he may wear long dress shorts?

Also, is room service avail any time and is it included? ie can you order dinner or breakefast in your room if you didnt want to go out?

what are the best casual, possibly outdoor dining options at Secrets? We would prefer those to the fine dining options. We dont linger around restuarants (unless out with friends) we go out to eat and leave. We would prefer to relax and have some drinks in our own space

thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMG - dress codes and dining options?

Hi blondelinda...My husband & I were at this resort Apr/10 and it is gorgeous! We enjoy to dress up every evening for dinner. My husband did not wear jeans, but they will probably be fine. Closed toe shoes for men is a must as well as a collared shirt, if dining inside. He will be able to wear long shorts if dining at buffet or outside. Capris were also seen, but most ladies wore dresses or skirts. Room service is 24 hrs and included. There is a really nice outside lobby bar-located obviously right outside the main lobby and on the way to the fine dining restaurants. Enjoy your vacation! You will love it!

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMG - dress codes and dining options?

thanks

you dont have a menu list do you?

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SMG - dress codes and dining options?

tripadvisor.com/…28045503

Jeans are allowed but myself and some others agree it's usually too hot and doesn't fit the atmosphere.

Be sure to check out the Top Questions on the right for all kinds of area info. Enjoy your trip!

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SMG - dress codes and dining options?

They do enforce the sleeves and collars for men. Also, men have to wear shoes and pants. Personally, if Iwere a man, I would invest in a pair of nice cool linen or cotton pants for the dining purpose. They may be way too warm with jeans and we women know how cranky that can make men.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SMG - dress codes and dining options?

zetababe.... lol

thanks all for input :-)

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: SMG - dress codes and dining options?

Men can wear shorts to the Italian & French rest. if you sit outside on the patio.

7. Re: SMG - dress codes and dining options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2012, 05:30