We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos vs Viva Wyndham maya

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandos vs Viva Wyndham maya

Please recommend where should we stay if we need a great beach and good entertainment for kids and adults.

Right now we have 2 options : Sandos and Viva Wyndham Maya

Wyndham is more affordable,but is it good enouhg?

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos vs Viva Wyndham maya

We really enjoyed our trip to Viva Wyndham Maya. The 25.00 per child per day really sold it to us. It doesn't claim to be anything more than 3 star. If you go in knowing that you'll be fine!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos vs Viva Wyndham maya

So, what is about 3 stars? Is the service bad,or what is the problem? Is beach OK? What about activities during the day,like aerobics or something

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos vs Viva Wyndham maya

HI again Viktor, the 3 star is fine.... all of the resorts that we have stayed at so far have been 3 star. The service at Viva Maya was very nice, and with a smile. But there is no room service, no beach or pool service. You have to get up and get your own drinks.

Service in the ala cartes was very nicely done. The food is good, sometimes very good. We could always find something we enjoyed eating. There is lots of things for adults and kids to do, my husband and I enjoyed the stretching in the morning, and I went to Spanish lessons every day.

I did see adults playing volley ball on the beach, there is pool aerobics.

Also kids and adults enjoyed the Viva Circus, it was a fun looking trapeze! I didn't try, I'm scared to go up high!

The evening shows are fun, and just a little cheesy. But at most places the shows tend to be kinda cheesy. The entertainment crew works so hard and puts in long hours. I think they do a good job.

The beach is the most beautiful I have ever had the pleasure to see! The sand is very white, and the ocean clear and very blue. Don't forget to take out a little boat! Have a look at my review, we went in June and had beautiful weather.

4. Re: Sandos vs Viva Wyndham maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 09:09
5. Re: Sandos vs Viva Wyndham maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 21:16