We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secrets secret surprise

Lansing, Michigan
14 posts
Save Topic
secrets secret surprise

I just booked a trip for my bf and I in March. We will be going to one of the Secret resorts in the Riviera Maya, but we will not know until one week before our departure. Any advice out there. Thank you!

Carmel, IN
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: secrets secret surprise

I just booked the same deal and was hoping they'd let us know sooner! Have you heard anything yet? Either way, have a great trip! :)

Bel Air, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: secrets secret surprise

I just did the same deal and thought I'd know which resort once it was paid for but found out have to wait until one week before departure. Going in March. Not sure if the surprise was the way to go or if really saved any money. Guess it will depend on which resort. I wonder if anyone ever went to the Maroma of Silversands with the "surprise" option?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
311 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: secrets secret surprise

I go next Wednesday and was told we wouldn't know until we got to the airport to depart. I'm SO ready to get there...wherever "there" is! Have fun stalking all 3 resorts!

Carmel, IN
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: secrets secret surprise

If you're already at the airport, how do they contact you???

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
311 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: secrets secret surprise

The Apple Representative is there on the morning of the flight.

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: secrets secret surprise

We went to Riviera Maya in January. There were people on our flight who had booked Apple deals, and they were told as they were ready to board the plane. Just look for the bright colored shirts! Apple reps were very helpful and seemed to be excited for everyone traveling. That Lansing non-stop is a sweet flight! Enjoy!

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: secrets secret surprise

We have also booked Secrets Square Deal leaving March 12-19 from Cincinnati. We did Secrets deal two years ago out of Detriot. We were told the morning of departure we would be going to Secrets Capri. Loved It! At the time we booked the first Secrets deal Silversands was new and not getting very good reviews, but now it seems to be getting great reviews. We also have been to Valentin Imperial, and twice to Catalonia Royal Tulum last year. We love the Rivieria Maya.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: secrets secret surprise

I booked the same package through Cheap Carribean,and I was told that I would know 7 days before we go. I of course want the Maroma (who doesn't),but there really is no way to know. I will also say that it seems most of the rooms at the Capri are booked for my dates,so I don't know if they use the secret secrets deals to fill empty rooms or what. I'll let you know!

Ashby, Minnesota
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: secrets secret surprise

From other posts on this forum it sounds like the secret surprise is Secrects Silversands.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: secrets secret surprise

I was notified by Apple at the departing airport. I went to Silversands which I expected since I checked out the booking at the Secrets and Silversands was still vacant.

Nice place and it worked out for a three night stay. The price was good $599 complete in Nobvember so I thought it was a good deal.