We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

-19 this morning :(

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
-19 this morning :(

Is it just me or is anyone else from the cold climate down this winter?

I just cannot wait to get out of here,

RIU Palace Mexico...33 days away seems really long.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: -19 this morning :(

It will be gone before you know it.... ;)

Toronto
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: -19 this morning :(

I am with you. Winter seems extra long this year. Originally I wasn't planning to go South this winter to try and save money, but I did end up booking a few weeks ago. Just couldn't resist. Will be on the beach in 9 days!

I hear that it is supposed to warm up next week in Toronto so hopefully you will get the same weather.

Hang in there.

Iowa
Level Contributor
435 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: -19 this morning :(

Hi- I am in Wis too. Yes, it has been a long depressing winter! We go right before you! It's coming quick now, hold on!!! I hope spring gets here before May? Seems like, it's not nice here till the end of May!

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: -19 this morning :(

Its is -30 ish with the windchill here this morning. Tomorrow morning we are suppose to get to 0. Like what the heck !!

I am outta here in 2 days ! Yippeee !!

We usually book in January and go much earlier in the year and then when we come home it seems like we have so much winter left and I can barely handle it physically and emotionally. This year once we get back, I am thinking that we will only have about a month of cold and then Spring will start to kick in.

Iowa
Level Contributor
435 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: -19 this morning :(

Hi Micelf-

Lucky You!!! Have a great vaca!!! Enjoy the sun, sand, etc...

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: -19 this morning :(

Yeah, I always hate winter, but this one especially. 11 degrees here and some people would say Kentucky is in the south. 65 days til Gran Porto Real! Can't wait!

granbury texas
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: -19 this morning :(

15 here in texas today...ughhhh So over this winter already!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: -19 this morning :(

TechChick100, we had the same plan as you originally. Let's save this year.

A couple of weeks ago booked for March, hubby is so sick of it he is thinking of going somewhere next week too. So much for saving.

Hoping that the winter will be on it's last leg when we return.

Happy travels and looking forward to the 40 degrees this weekend.

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: -19 this morning :(

After our blizzard last week, my travel agent said she got bombarded by people who just want to get out of here! 20 inches of snow was the push they needed to book trips. Mine was already booked and all I had to do was pick up the paperwork.

I don't care if it rains in Mexico - it will be better than this!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: -19 this morning :(

MN is pretty awful too!! If it's not below 0 freezing, it's snowing another foot - I'm outta here in 23 days, Mayan Palace here I come. I think I'll bake in the sun for 2 days straight immediately upon landing!!