We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

minnesota
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

I'm going there in May, I booked off travelocity... There is so much talk about how prices this year are expensive and I'm just wondering why Sandos Playacar AI is so cheap compared to EVERY other AI... It kind of gives me an uneasy feeling even though it has great reviews!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
71. Re: Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

Wow, Thank you so much for the post. We weren't planning on going again so soon, (We were at Playa in Dec) But the deal was just to good to pass up. We will be there for 12 days the beginning of May. I can't wait to put my feet in that sand again. A year ago my mother sisters and I stay at Sandos Riviera which is connected to Sandos Playcar and it was a very nice resort on a beautiful beach. It seemed to be a little more family oriented than other resorts that I have stayed at. We didn't have any problems with the timeshare salesman. They called and asked to meet them a few times but we never did. I did notice they seemed to be a little more aggressive with men when we walked through the lobby. However on other trips my boyfriend we have gotten some nice excursions for free by attending a timeshare meeting. Make sure that they make it worth your while If you go to one. Then listen to there spiel and say No,NO,NO. Never say maybe or they will keep you there another hour . I hope you have a great time. Maybe we will meet you there.

minnesota
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

Hey! I will write a longer review later today but I just wanted to let everyone know it was GREAT! We were not once approached by time share sales. There was no hidden agenda to the deal. We showed up, checked in and had a wonderful, stress free vacation! I will post pictures and write more in detail soon!

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

God bless this thread....it lead to a GREAT vacation for my sister and I and our DHs. Thanks Mrs Smith!

florida
1 post
Save Reply
74. Re: Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

Going to Sandos Playacar on the travelocity deal june 19th through 24. Anyone else going in this time frame? Our group is me and my husband and his best friend who is single, in his 40's, and quite handsome.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
849 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

This brings back memories can't wait till my November trip!!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,475 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

comparable to other 2.5* to 3* resorts

CT
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

we got the deal on Travelocity back in February as well and we booked 8 nights 9 full days out of JFK and paid $397 total per person. I was so skeptical about the deal as we had never been to Sandos but let me reassure anyone else who hasn't been yet--the place is AWESOME!!! The most beautiful beach, great service and they freely give you a room upgrade if it is available! Hope everyone enjoys their trip!

78. Re: Of coarse I love a deal but why is Sandos Playacar so cheap?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 01:17