We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM shuttles to Playa

Prince Albert,Sk.
4 posts
Save Topic
VIM shuttles to Playa

I understand hotel shuttles run into Playa del Carmen from VIM. How often do they run? Any cost? Any other destinations?

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

If I remember correctly, they ran once daily. I think it was $20pp...? This was over a year ago. I'm sure somebody who has gone recently can help you...

MI
Level Contributor
393 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

last march there was no free shuttle. (many other resorts do offer it)

we ended up paying a taxi instead and going on our own time since we had to pay anyway.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

I *think* it's $17 per person round trip and it leaves the VIM at around 10.30 and returns around 2.30/3 o'clock.

I think a taxi is about $25 each way (depending upon where in Playa del Carmen you want to go).

This is a guide only, I'm not exactly sure of costs and times.

Medford, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
354 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

The shuttle runs 2x a day. 10:30am-2:30pm and again at 3:30pm-7:30pm.

It costs $17.00 per person. Doesn't give you much time in PDC. For $22 you can take a taxi and spend more time in PDC. There's a lot to do and see to rush it. You've got to spend some time on the beach! So many cool beach bars along the beach there.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

Have any of you tried hopping a colectivo from VIM to Playa or Xcaret? My understanding is that they run up and down 307 all day. Based on what I've read it'd be 30 pesos/person to take there? Any advise?

Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

I haven't used a collectivo from the VIM but see absolutely no reason why you couldn't. The only thing is that it's a LONG walk from the resort to the front gate. You could always ask one of the bellboys to give you a ride but, if they're busy, you may have to wait a few minutes.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

Thanks Llisa! How far is far? Like, 400 meters? 800? or further than that? If further than that, then we might ask for bell boy assistance. :) However, a long walk could assist in burning all the calories we'll be consuming! lol

Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

From the front desk, I'd guess that it's a 15-20 minute walk. Bear in mind that if you're in one of the less central buildings, it could be a 10 minute walk to the front desk. The roadway in to the resort is all landscaped and is very pretty, so it would be a lovely walk but might be a bit warm, especially if you're visiting during the summer months.

Eliot, Maine
Level Contributor
716 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

Another oppion you could find another couple to share the cab, $22 split two ways. On the way back you bite the bullet for $22 by yourselves, for a total of $33 but your not locked into the shuttle schedule.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VIM shuttles to Playa

We did exactly that. Split a cab into town with another couple. We asked a couple who was waiting for the shuttle to share a cab. We ended up missing them when we were returning back to the resort, but we bartered down a couple bucks and ended up getting a cab back for $20.