We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
52 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

Any tours that cover Tulum Ruins, Snorkeling to see the turtles in Akumal and Snorkeling at Dos Ojos Cenotes all in one day?

How about if taking public transportation or renting scooters or a car?

Is that to much in one day?

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Staying at The Royal PDC

Edited: 18 February 2011, 05:42
La Barca Jalisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

Hi, im not sure about a tour that covers all that, what i did from Playa del Carmen, i took the colectivo to the Tulum ruins, did the ruins (where you can swim, is a very nice beach), then i took the colectivo to Akumal (colectivos are public transportation vans with air condition), i cant tell you about dos ojos because im not familiar with it but if is within 30 40 min it is doable in one day. Have a happy trip.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

edventures will do that tour for you in a day. you can do most of it yourself for sure...not so sure about dos ojos though as its good to have a guide in there to see it all. dont know if they have guides there readily available or not. but if you go with ed then all is taken care of including a guide.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

Absolutely DO go with Edventure Tours. You won't regret it.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

I don't think I would cram all that into a day as it leavs littl time to take in th ambience of Akumal and enjoy yourself...of course if you just want to do it all to say you did it, there is plenty of time to do it all in a day.

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
886 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

You have plenty of time to do that all in 1 day. Did it with edventure tours 5 years ago and taking friends back to do the same trip in April, We also did the zip lines and cliff jumping in the same trip.

omaha, ne
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

I thought vacations were supposed to be relaxing?

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
886 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

master- snorkeling with the turtles is VERy relaxing, as is dining on the beach in Akumal, Snorkeling in Dos Ojos is Amazing and quite relaxing as well.

While I like to dig my feet in the sand and enjoy a pina colada or two, I also like to venture out of the resort a time or two.

Everyone has a different definition of Vacation :)

omaha, ne
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

Of course that was only a half-hearted question..

Some people thrive from being on the go at all times. We do several excursions each year.. but three in one day is a bit much for me.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

Go- Edventures offer this tour exactly, with a zip line thrown in (we didn't do the zip line, though). It was a 12 hour day, but absolutely fabulous. Best day of our vacation for sure.

I would be hesitant to do it on my own, just because of the time management issue. Edventures kept us on schedule, but we in no way ever felt rushed.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tulum Ruins, Snorkel Akumal, Dos Ojos in one day?

I'm not familiar with Edventures. I've always booked excursions with whatever company is at the hotel.

Where do you go to find Edventures? Do they have an office in PDC? They sound like a great company. I've seen them recommended by several people on here.