We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at Valentin Imperial Maya

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling at Valentin Imperial Maya

Anyone snorkel off the beach at VIM? The last time I went to Secrets Silversands I took a kayak out and snorkeled at the reef. Sometimes there are some formation just off the beach and I was wondering if anyone had done that.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at Valentin Imperial Maya

I personally haven't done it, but we made friends with a couple while there. She took out snorkeling gear and went where the fish congregated, but it was a little rough that day and she was getting tossed around a bit into the rocks and came back bruised. It was also a little too murky to see anything. So, unless the waters are extremely calm, I don't know how much you would see.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at Valentin Imperial Maya

I don't think the snorkeling is very good in this area. Water was rough the whole time we were there. Nice beach, great resort, but I wouldn't pack the snorkel gear.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at Valentin Imperial Maya

What time of year were you there?

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling at Valentin Imperial Maya

Was there in October. We did snorkel once ans there were fish that were flat and transparent in the water. However the water that day was unusually calm ( the locals said the wind was blowing in a different direction than it usually does) It was never like that again our entire stay. In fact the waves were too wild for me to even go into the ocean after that. My husband enjoyed it though.

5. Re: Snorkeling at Valentin Imperial Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:19