We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

Has anyone ever tried to use a groupon in Mexico? I signed up for the Cancun groupon, hoping to get a great deal on either restaurants or possibly an admission price to some of the attractions in the area. I was just curious if anyone had tried that?

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

No have not done that but will sign on with groupon. Have you received any coupons yet for the area!?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

Yeah, I get them every day. I haven't seen anything I want to buy yet, but we aren't leaving until May, so hopefully something interesting will pop up. I looked at the past ones they've had and they had one to Casa Mission in Cozumel. From what I understand, that's one of the best restaurants on the island. :) They did have a cool rafting trip the other day, but it was closer to Mexico city, so not what I was looking for. Another plus is it's helping me with my Spanish, just by reading it. I copy and paste everything to google translator to make sure I'm reading it correctly.

Scotland
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

Be sure to understand exactly what the offer is and exactly where it is. Even though you sign up for offers relating to Cancun, you will receive National offers and offers for places deemed to be in the Cancun area. A couple of days ago there was a great offer for a night in a hotel but when I looked in more detail, the hotel was in Kukulcan, Mexico City, not Kukulcan Ave, Cancun!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

I've noticed that too. I google the addresses on all the offers if I'm interested to check them out more. It's like getting one for Dallas, but it actually being for Arlington.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

Thank you MelTim. We are going until April 30th so will see what comes our way. Also did not know about google translater so will use that tool when the time comes.

Scunner - thanks for the heads up on details will scrutinize the fine print

Edited: 24 February 2011, 19:04
Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

FYI on Cancun Groupons - I emailed the Mexican division of groupon asking how to purchase one..here was their response:

To buy Groupons in Mexico in necesary to create an account in www.groupon.com.mx, but to process a payment you need a credit card from a mexican bank.

Just thought I would share. I hadn't tried to purchase one yet, but was interested in one and wanted to find out the process before trying.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

MelTim - thank you for the follow up information. I tried to sign up for gropon when this post appeared and could not. Will try again armed with your information, much appreciated.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

You're welcome! I've only seen a couple I was interested in so far. Now I guess I need to figure out how to get a credit card issued by a Mexican bank. haha :) Happy Grouponing!!

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

Please don't laugh to hard when I ask this insanely stupid question but I signed up for Groupon awhile back for deals here in Balto./Md & last night I read this thread, very interesting, I had no idea they offered deals in Mx. So I signed up again last night but the problem is that I keep getting nothing but deals in Spanish. I looked all around the site to try & change the language setting to English but I can't seem to find it or it's just not offered. I guess my stupid question is do you guys get your Mexico Groupon's in English or are they only available in Spanish? Okay, you can stop laughing now!!!!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun/Riveria Maya Groupon??

The Mexican deals are only in Spanish. I'm just now thinking I should probably unsubscribe to the Cancun deals as I will never have a Mexican cc or bank account.