We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Building Selection?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best Building Selection?

Hello

I am going to Secrets Maroma for 4 days in April with a large group. We all have swim out rooms and I had a few questions:

1. What is the best building to request that in Non Preferred?

(I know its only a request and I might not get it..)

2. How many wim up rooms per building?

3. I'm going to tell all the couples to bring a couple of bottles of wine so we can chill at the private pool but can we bring them to the restaurants? Corkage fee?

4. Are there any cabanas to reserve at pool/beach?

5. Anyone do the kayak tour?

6. How is the night time Bon-Fire party on gthe beach?

I'm sure I will have more questions later...Thanks in advance!!!

JBH

Houston
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Building Selection?

Bump!

Houston
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Building Selection?

Last bump

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Building Selection?

Try posting again with the hotel name in the title. I've never been to the resort but I can understand how useful the information you are requesting would be.

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Building Selection?

JBH1970

No preferred club swimouts?? Probably building 15 because the swimouts will get the most sun during the day.

I believe there are 8 swimout rooms per building

You can bring your own wine to all of the restaraunts with no additional fees.

No cabanas to reserve at pool or beach. Everything is first come first serve.

Cant comment on kayak tour.

Bonfire party on the beach is awesome and is a must do

What dates will you be there? My wife and I will be there in April also.

Houston
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Building Selection?

That's a good idea...Thanks! By the way golf in Brainerd is beautiful!

JBH

Houston
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Building Selection?

Bowling:

We will be there over Easter break.

That's great news about bringing bottles to the restaurants. It's only a two hour flight from Houston so bringing wine is no big deal. I've heard the house wine is not that good and why pay for a bottle if you can bring what you like...

I was thinking building 15 as well. More sun in the afternoon.

8 rooms sounds about right. We are all friends and family so the idea of taking over the swim out pool is fun. I just hope the neighbors are fun. I know we will have a blast!!

What weekend are you headed up there??

JBH

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Building Selection?

I will be there April 1-8. Second trip for us. Spent honeymoon there last April so why not return for 1 year anniversary :)

Houston
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Building Selection?

If you liked it the first time no reason to change. I hope you and your wife have a great time. If something comes up new during your stay ie. "A Gotta Do!" let me know. Thanks for the tips...

Travel safe...

JBH

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Building Selection?

Must do at SMB ??

50 minute couples massage at the spa. BEST massage we have ever received in our lives. If you want more info on their spa PM me with your email address. I have their most up to date spa menu with pricing but its in PDF format.

Also a must do..... Hit the taco cart that comes around the pool daily! Best tacos el pastor Ive ever had.

Other then that??? Relax and live the dream!

Edited: 25 February 2011, 19:15
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Building Selection?

I'll second Bowling_Guru's comment re: couples massage - it was great! Even my boyfriend loved it & he's not usually a spa guy. Take advantage of the hydrotherapy circuit while you are there, access is included with your treatment & it rounds out the whole spa experience!

A few additional comments:

- Yes, it is 8 swim-up rooms per building. Hint: if ever you find the swim-up pool cold, ask your building concierge if theycan turn up the heat. These pools are heated, but many people don't realize this & end up not using the pool if they find it cold.

- We recently stayed in Building 12 in a swim-up room. It's at the rear of the resort which wasn't our first choice, but we switched to it in order to be on the side of the hotel that gets the most daytime sun. We thoroughly enjoyed it, spending many evenings before dinner in the pool (met some great neighbours) and one morning in the privacy of our own pool enjoying the sun & lounging on our balcony & in the pool.

- I think buildings 15, 14, 12 & 22 would get the most sun, although building 22 may be too shaded by the vegetation.

- Strongly recommend the shrimp tacos served pool side! They are delicious, especially with the spicy sauce.

- Definitely do the Teppenyaki table at the Japanese restaurant. This was the best meal of our week there & they put on a really entertaining show. You could do this with your group & would have a blast, but I think you would need to make reservations several days in advance for a group your size.

- Look for Paulino around the pool. He was our favorite poolside server & took phenomenal care of us, never leaving us with empty glasses!

Enjoy your vacation!