We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

Tinley Park, Il
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

I am reading posts about the Silver Suites and it doesn't appear that anyone ever really likes the Silver Suites. It was offered to us as an upgrade and we bought it but now I am worried that I have wasted $$ on a poor location with a strange bathroom set-up. This trip is to celebrate our 29th anniversary and the remission of my cancer so this trip is really important to us. I was thinking if I asked for bldg 2 maybe the disco wouldn't be the issue that alot of people have mentioned. If I ask for an upgrade once I am there is bldg 6 a good option? We like the pool and don't want to be too far from the lobby, resturants etc.

We are leaving in three days, we will be there Mar 3-9th. Anyone else???

Thanks

1. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 18:07
Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

We were upgraded for free to a Sliver at check in. Initially we were given a room in blg 1, but I knew how far that was from the pool-thanks to this forum, so I told them no thank you. Then they offered a room in Bldg 2, so we accepted. It was very fancy and really not that long of a walk to the pool and beach as I think people make it out to be. We never heard music from the courtyard or disco. The only "noise" was from the pool during the games-but that was only during daylight hours.

That being said, I personally would never pay extra for it. I prefer location to "fanciness", so the double sinks and other small details would not be worth it to me.

As far as the bathroom goes, I think there was a small "toilet" room that gave a little privacy if I remember correctly. Definitely not noise blocking, though. It didn't really bother us but I guess if a couple was newly dating or "just friends" it might be a little awkward. I did close the sheer curtain during bathroom times.

Edited: 26 February 2011, 21:05
Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

Oh, forgot to answer your last question-one absolute perk of Bldg 2 was the proximity to the restaurants. A very quick walk through a gorgeous pathway and we were near them all. I saw people coming from the swim up suites to breakfast at Le Marsh and they had been walking so long they were sweating! Have you see a map of the grounds to give you an idea of locations? Let me find one.....

http://i.imgur.com/qRa8T.jpg

I had decided if we go back to request Bldg 4-near the pool and close to restaurants.

Congrats on your win against cancer. You will love the VIM. It is lovely and very relaxing.

Southwick...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

stayed last year in bldg.6 golden suites 2nd floor ,nice room overlooking lazy pool ,am going 3-3-11 booked regular jr. suite,e-mailed asking to be in bldg.4or 5 pool side,hope to get it have a great trip ,you will love it

Tinley Park, Il
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

Thanks to all that have shared, I think from the map that bldg 2 in the SS would work but if we are offered an upgrade i'll take it. Really need this vacation.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

Freerange, let me begin my congratulating you on your remission of cancer! That is such wonderful news and such a great reason to celebrate and have a wonderful vacation. We are going to VIM in 2 weeks and are over the moon about going. Remember that no matter what happens, no matter where you stay, no matter what building you are in. You are on vacation and you WILL have a wonderful/well deserved vacation. Enjoy your stay!!!!

13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

I hear people emailing VIM all the time with special requests, what is their email address? I've tried 3 times but they never replied which I find very unusual for 5 star hotel. All other hotels in Rivera Maya got back to us within a day or two

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Derek

Tinley Park, Il
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

Darek1, I know that your travel agent can e-mail the resort. I have seen posts where people say they have done so on their own as well. But since they never make any promises I think just making a request when you arrive @ the resort might work as well. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

I have emailed them twice with no response too. Should the email go to reservations, or just to the regular email address?

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Did anyone who stayed in a Silver Suite @ VIM really like it

I emailed them about a month ago and received a response back by the next day. I emailed the privilege concierge last week because we did privilege package and I wanted to make sure our reserved cabanas were next to the other couple we are traveling with and I didn't receive a response. I emailed the first time from my work email through microsoft and then the second time through my yahoo account. The reason I am saying that is because I remember when we stayed at Palladium everyone said if you were going to email the resort use a certain email address other than yahoo or those like emails because they get filtered out of their accounts as spam. Maybe it's the same case with VIM.