We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help decide on a resort!

Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please help decide on a resort!

Hello all,

All the review reading has gotten me totally confused on where to go! The first and only time we went to Riviera Maya we stayed at El Dorado Royale and had an amazing time. We loved the food and the resort (and the bags on the beach didn't bother us). We want to go back but try somewhere new. My boyfriend is very concerned that we are going to be disapointed after such a great experience. (fyi went to Punta Cana, stayed at Majestic Ellegance...food was horrible but resort was nice but not as good as El Dorado)

I think I've narrowed it down, based on reviews. It really seems there is no clean cut winner.

H10 Ocean Coral & Turquesa - We found a great deal and reviews seem good, but what level is it truly?

Also considering:

Valentin Imperial Maya

Secrets Capri or Silversands

El Dorado Seaside Suites (more expensive)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help decide on a resort!

Royal Playa Del Carmen truly great resort with terriffic food and amenities. Plus location in right in Playa Del Carmen.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del...
17,222 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help decide on a resort!

SSS has a nice modern vibe but the beach is almost non-existent and you need water shoes to into the water. Food was good and rooms were very nice. Entertainment was typical.

I've never been to Capri but the reviews are very favorable.

3. Re: Please help decide on a resort!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:19