We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
147 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

We want to try our first zip line this year in Mexico.

We have chosen Xplor due to good thoughts here on TA.

My fiance wears glasses - is this safe - or could they possibly get knocked off? What do you recommend?

Shoes? Do you go buy a pair at Wal-mart or wear your good gym shoes?

And how long does it take to get there from the heart of Playa Del Camen area?

:)

Monroe Center...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

we just went to explor last month & bought water shoes at walmart in Playa for like 12 bucks. Wouldnt wear tennis shoes cuz at the end of ziplining you are in water. As far as glasses...i wore my sunglasses & they stayed on fine & they ARENT the wrap arounds either. We stayed close to downtown ( a $5 cab ride away) & it was pretty close..maybe a 10 min drive. We really loved EXPLOR...have fun & if u have any other questions feel free:-) btw did you buy your tckets yet?? Tickets thru Apple was i think $119 so look around downtown you may get cheaper somewhere else?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,669 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

Last time I looked walk up price was $99 USD. I don't recall if I kept my glasses on. I think I did. A glasses strap would be cheap insurance.

No tennis shoes as suggested. Water shoes would be better (I wore my dive booties).

I took a colectivo but if the taxi is only $5-10 USD I would use that option.

Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

no prob with keeping glasses on...def. go with the water shoes...bought them for $13.00 on a small store on fifth between calle 6 & 4 th on the east side of street....took a taxi $12.00...highly recommend...we had a blast...no booze served there...too dangerous with drunk people is the reason :( get there at 9:00 am the long lines & the tour buses start right after that

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
147 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

Thank you sooooooooooooo much!

Such great info! Very helpful - all suggestions - and we will use them!

Defiance Ohio
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

how much did it cost when you took the cab there

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

Myol80 - about the zip lining, do you have to climb each tower for each zip? Was it tough? Wondering if this might be too much work for some of the little ones and older ones in my group....

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,669 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

JJ, read this

http://tinyurl.com/yeb2ntq

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
147 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

Very nice write up on Xplor.

Monroe Center...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

well some were alot longer than others. There was a lot of walking & climb ing up stairs & some were longer than others. By the time we finshed we were very tired, exhausted & hungry & we were all in our 30's & 40's no kids...we all made it:-)

Monroe Center...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xplor Zip Line (glasses)

sorry hard to tell~ probably depends on how physical they are & also their age. Im 45 & do work out regularly & it wasnt bad for me at all..but by the end of the day i was tired.