We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Vacations transportation to GRAN PORTO REAL?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Air Canada Vacations transportation to GRAN PORTO REAL?

Booked through Air Canada Vacations, going to Gran Porto Real next month (so excited) but I have heard that sometimes the shuttles can be pretty long (hours and hours) because of all the stops. Wondering if anyone has ever booked with ACV and then used their transportation that's included in your package to get to Playa Del Carmen. How long was the ride?

Thanks everyone!

calgary, alberta
Level Contributor
187 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada Vacations transportation to GRAN PORTO REAL?

We stayed at the Gran Porto in 2009 and booked a private shuttle through our agent. It was called Pasos and it was great; he had several kinds of cold beer for us in an airconditioned van. Next week we are going to the Riu Playacar and booked the same transport so we don't have wait, wait, wait. It was only 25$ each for there and back; well worth it in my opinion.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada Vacations transportation to GRAN PORTO REAL?

Expedia gave us a credit for not using their transportation and then we booked private. This was perfect for us, but we wouldn't do it if we didn't get a refund for the package transport.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada Vacations transportation to GRAN PORTO REAL?

We went to Gran Porto Real in Oct. 2010 with Air Canada vacations. We only stopped at one resort on the way. There were 8 of us in a van. Didn't take long to get there at all.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada Vacations transportation to GRAN PORTO REAL?

Thanks everyone for your responses. After a bit of research I think we'll be OK to use the AirCanada shuttle, and from what I hear, our hotel is one of the first stops which works out great!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada Vacations transportation to GRAN PORTO REAL?

used Air Canada ex Toronto in September and the only delay was at the airport waiting for another couple staying at the Royal, who never did show, so we were the only ones in the shuttle - direct run.

6. Re: Air Canada Vacations transportation to GRAN PORTO REAL?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 19:17