We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
827 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

I always am told about bringing too many pairs of shoes. When we were in Europe last year I packed so many shoes We had to put them in our carry ons on the way home because our luggage weighed too much. Every time my husband tried to get any thing out a shoe would fall out. lol now I am sitting here with 12 pairs on the floor trying to cut it down to 7.

Edited: 04 March 2011, 21:01
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,635 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

If you want to lug around X pairs of shoes that is your choice. Seven seems high to me but I am a guy. On my last trip I had one pair of tennis shoes and my dive booties.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
827 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

It definitely is a girl thing. 7 is really hard for me but I am willing to do it. What do you say ladies help me out here!!

Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

I always take several pairs of shoes....My hubby doesn't complain much at all, especially if they are high heels. I'm really worried about how many I'll end up packing this summer. We usually only stay for a week and I overpack. This year we are staying for 2 in July....I'm going to try to coordinate better so that all my "dinner" outfits will work with only 1-2 pair of shoes.....

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

You bring shoes? :-)

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

Hmm, seven pairs of shoes isn’t too bad. I usually take one pair of heals, one pair of water shoes and 3 pairs of flip flops/sandals and maybe a pair of sneaks. Most of the times I don’t get a chance to wear every pair.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

I have the same problem. I never end up wearing them all... I normally have a pair of flip flops for every outfit. :( BUT they are the slim Havaianas so they don't take up much room.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
827 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

I also bring the Havaianas they practically weigh nothing at all. I wear sneaks on the plane. 2 pairs of flips, 1 pair of heels and 3 pairs of sandals.and my water shoes make 8.So if I am wearing one then I am only packing 7.

Edited: 04 March 2011, 22:01
Ontario
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

I used to get in trouble for the amount of shoes... but I got RID OF THAT PROBLEM!!! (and I'm not referring to the shoes).

LOL

This year I am trying 4 pair - I'll let you know how it goes - bets are that I'm shoe shopping on day 2!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

I think I actually did bring five pairs of shoes this trip. But, we're here in Belize for three months......

Ingleside, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you get int trouble about the amount of shoes you bring??

Ahhhh, shoes!!! Every woman's biggest problem :o)

Seriously, I have to limit myself, otherwise there would be more shoes than anything else in my luggage... (oh, and bathing suits!)... however, this year I will be a good girl and limit myself to 5 (sneakers for the flight, two pairs of neutral high heels for evenings, 2 pairs of flip flops... and maybe water shoes of crocs... sorry that's 6!!! :o)