We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are the deals??? Help!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
445 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where are the deals??? Help!

Looking for a great deal at the end of May to take our 3 college aged kids (hence, no money)...There are usually always deals for this time of year....Where are they? Anyone?

Eliot, Maine
Level Contributor
714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

Try Orbiz, find a place then click in 200ENTERTAIN there are some deals there. GL

New Jersey
Level Contributor
445 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

Thanks, I tried that. Orbitz is great but I'm just not seeing the great deals I've seen in the past...Maybe they will show up later and I should keep checking?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,007 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

Airfare is up from last year, and even from a month or two ago. It's always a gamble. You may or may not see a better deal come up. Isn't it stressful?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

airfare has gone up 6 times in the last 2 months and oil prices will drive travel up higher.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

Also it's just not airfare but the resorts themselves. More people are traveling and they don't have to offer super low discounts like they have in the past. Bummer for us.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
802 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

IMO the prices are just going to keep going up this year! I booked 2 weeks ago for April 6th and it is now over $200.00 more! Whew glad I didn't wait! I agree with Katzgar,oil prices will continue to drive airfares up.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
445 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

Thanks Guys....It does stink...We always travel when most people don't and get unbelievable deals...Really wanted to take the kids away for maybe the last family vacation but at these prices probably not :(

New Jersey
Level Contributor
445 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

If anyone hears of anything keep me posted!

SC
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

travelzoo.com usually has some good deals

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where are the deals??? Help!

Go to TUG2.com and see if there are any deal on condos. Timeshare owners not using theirs will rent sometimes to cover their maintenance cost. I would think you could find a 2 bdrm condo around $1,000 to $1500 for the week.

You would need to check for Airfares. I have found that Wednesdays have the best prices on airfare.

Airfares are up from last year. Last year we flew BNA to CUN for $264 RT PP. This year nothing close to that so flying out of SDF for $485 RT PP.