We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

statistically which is the drier month june or july?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
statistically which is the drier month june or july?

Or is there nothing in it? Is july hotter or not really?

We could go in June & it's slightly cheaper. Not by much a couple of hundred pounds. If the odds are better for June might just go for that especally if we save a little in the process.

The dates in july we were looking at would bring us back right at the end of july & I know it's edging more into hurricane season & might mean weather is more stormy.

Any recommendations? People who have been this time of year what would be your preference?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

read the top question

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

I can't see a question that covers this topic :-s

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

Another informative post by Katzgar.

June is the drier month.

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

Thank you gringo much appreciated.

After checking the dates there's only a couple of weeks in the dates we'd be travelling so probs wouldn't make much difference but if we went june we'd be back early july & if we went july we'd be back right at the very end.

Went cuba beginning of June & had beautiful weather with the odd shower & storm but most of it was at night. Couldn't of asked for better weather & wasn't worried about hurricanes that time of year with it being so early in the season. Hoping to expect the same here. Fingers crossed.

Is June still as hot and humid?

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

Katzgar, a better way of answering this would be to say, June is drier, and there are top questions that sometimes can help or the search box at the top might be helpful. I too could not find it in the top question asked like you suggested. We are on here to help and to give/ask questions and answers, not to blow someone off and make them do their own legwork with a comment like you just made. Yes, it their is a question that is constantly asked, give them a more detail way of finding the information, but this was not one of them.

Art

Edited: 10 March 2011, 12:11
Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

When most people post, I assume they're looking for a personal opinion from others in the forum at that moment. Yeh, it's easy to "read the top question" but that's what TA is for, interaction with people who have info, particularly the experts. I always read any extra info provided in the Top Questions but first hand experience from these threads is vital to many of us.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

the top question is titled "what will the weather be like when i visit" it is to your right. the top questions are exactly the same sort of posts as those posted here so the idea that somehow the top questions are somehow inferior to regular posts is just wrong. Please read the terms and conditions for TA as personal attacks are not allowed.

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime."

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

I'd already read that post & it hadn't helped me really.

Thanks though I do prefer people's opinions

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

the top questions are peoples opinions arent they?

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: statistically which is the drier month june or july?

Sunshine~~

I've been to the area in both June and July (once in June and 2x in July). All 3 times, the weather was different. My latest trip was last July, which was the only time we could go. I was expecting hot, hot, HOT weather, but it was unseasonably cool. Lots of storms with high winds, thunder, lightening and overall cloud cover. Everyone was running for the covered pool bar, ordering COFFEE. LOL!

If I could, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I would not, however, go back in September.

Remember, June 1st is the start of hurricane season, so I wouldn't let your guard down. Purchase trip insurance.