We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

Loved it - best AI resort ever. Review will be up in a day or two.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

I'll start :-) Although your comment really summed it all up!

What did you like best? Did you do any activities on or off the resort?

We leave in just over 9 weeks and I can't wait!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

Service is what I liked best. You did not ever want for anything anywhere on the resort. It was also always with a smile. Room service was hot, quick, and great (I normally hate room service). Food in the AC's was very good (not great) and the buffet was above average but not very good. The beach is amazing as well.

We did a snorkel trip in PM with diving dogs not through the resort which was fantastic. We also ate twice in PM at Tacos.com which was also fantastic. $18 cab fair to PM and I love the town.

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

2 Questions for ya

1. Did the timeshare sharks bug you a lot?

2. Did you by chance venture down the beach and see Captain Memo to go out snorkeling?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

Bowling_Guru,

Never once did I see or get questioned by anyone for a timeshare. It was non-existant.

I did my snorkeling from PM with diving dog tours. I took a group of 60. They were great. Review of them comming soon too.

Preziam

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

No timeshare people at SMB?? Hmmm....... thats not what Ive been seeing/hearing from others on TA lately. There is a thread about 130+ strong right now of people talking about the timeshare folks and the ultimate vacation club. Hopefully in 21 days I will be fortunate enough to not see them also :)

What room type did you have and building number? Do you reacll how much they were "offering" an upgrade for?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

I was in building 15 room 1525. 2nd floor with a partial ocean view. The location was great.

I was part of huge group so we did not check in at the loby. They took us to a private check in area for our group. Maybe that is how we missed the time share people. I did not see them walking around though either. I was there for 5 nights and 6 days.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. I have two:

1. I am considering having my weddin there. Did you see any receptions going on while you were there?

2. I have heard that the pool area can be quite rowdy. Was there a lot of drunk, loud people by the pool or around the resort?

Thanks!!!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

Sorry - forgot answer a couple things.

1525 is a standard jr suite. I was not offered an upgrade probably due to the group check in. Our rooms per pre-set and our packets were all ready without a check in person.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

Cole-379,

We did see one wedding reception. It is off to the side from the pool. I do not think that you will be bothered. It was a nice area. My group ate there one night as well and they did a good job. It was rowdy but I am sorry to say my group was the cause. It was one of my clients awards trip and we took over the place. I felt bad for people looking for romance. If I was not part of the group it would have hurt my enjoyment.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Secrets Maroma Beach - Questions?

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear you had a good time! I wonder how rowdy and crazy it would be without a large group like that though.