We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive Sale

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive Sale

www.travelzoo.com/newsflash/80388291-996523/

Many AI hotels all over Mexico and the Caribbean. From the e-mail:

"NATIONWIDE--MARCH 17, 2011-- BookIt.com just launched a

99-hour, $69 sale on all-inclusive beachfront resorts

throughout Mexico.

For $69 per person, per night -- a savings of at least 50%

on regular rates -- the deal includes all meals, drinks and

entertainment.

Travel dates vary by resort, but many are available through

at least August, with some available through the end of the

year. This includes peak winter dates when resorts typically

don't discount at all."

Minnesota
Level Contributor
317 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive Sale

There are great deals right now at some resorts but the airfare is still ridiculous. At least from MPLS/St. Paul.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,426 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive Sale

What am I doing wrong? Every time I check prices at Bookit they are TONS more expensive than Expedia.ca.

I just compared a two week trip to the Valentin in the fall, same flights (exactly), same dates; I even removed the ground transfers that Bookit automatically adds just to ensure that I'm compariing apples to apples.

The result - Expedia = Cdn.$3,881.02; Bookit = US$4.899.01.

By any standards, that's a significant difference - what gives???? Surely our humble Canadian dollar hasn't gained THAT much on the US greenback since the markets opened this morning????!!!!!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive Sale

Llisa , I'm with you and I'm in the states. I've never found a cheaper deal on Bookit than I have found on Expedia or Orbitz.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
284 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive Sale

Sunmeup - I totally agree about the airfare. A few weeks ago when I was doing research I'd see these fantastic deals but then as soon as I entered the departure airport (MSP) the price would jump substantially. Unfortunately, choosing that airport plus the travel dates I had available pretty much doubled the price of what was being promoted. Oh well. I'm still going!

About Bookit.com - I also don't think their sales are any big deal. Anytime I see something remotely intriguing there I'm able to find it for the same amount or less on another site.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive Sale

For one, the prices they advertise do not include taxes and fees. Once those get added in, they are always more expensive for me. I just looked now and it still rings true for what I find.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive Sale

NurseLovesVacation - I do appreciate the heads up though. I am sure the sale works out for some as I've seen that many people do use bookit.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,426 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive Sale

Yep - me too Nurse, thank you. It's always nice when people share the deals they've found.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive Sale

Oh of course-you're welcome. =) I thought maybe it would help someone. Trying to pay forward what Mrs Smith helped me find last month. ;-)

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
765 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive Sale

I think sometimes not all travel sites offer the cheaper airlines. We fly from Fl. and if the site doesn't offer Jet Blue or Spirit the prices are usually higher. This isn' always the case but most times it is.

10. Re: All inclusive Sale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 18:18