We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How it works

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
How it works

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 18:07
somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How it works

You probably got an e ticket then. Just present your ID at the airport counter (before security) and you will then be issued your tickets.

Eliot, Maine
Level Contributor
714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How it works

Take a look at your papers and see if there is any thing that mentions checking in with your airline 24 hrs. before your flight time to print your E tickets. GL

3. Re: How it works

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How it works

bring copies of your itinerary, more than one actually.

On your itinerary there should be confirmation codes for the airline and the hotel. When you check in to the hotel, give them your itinerary.

We booked our first trip to Mexico through Funjet and had no problems.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
284 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How it works

I had the same concerns when I got my confirmation from CheapCaribbean.com since the airline 'tickets' didn't look like anything I'm used to - like no bar codes for them to scan. However, it did have a confirmation code so I went to the airline's site and entered that to look up the reservation and there it was! That was a relief.

I was still a little confused about how to get the actual e-ticket but I figure I'll just need to print that the day before when I check in online or get it from the desk or kiosk the day we fly out.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How it works

LOL....I was the same way the first time I dealt with "paperless" travel. Truth be told I still am!!

Never have I had a problem though. What I do is:

1. Call the airline and confirm they have us on their books

2. Call the resort and confirm they have us on their books

3. Take EVERYTHING you ever received from the booking agent.

4. Make copies of everything you ever received from the booking agent.

If this is a charter the resort may not have a record of you until 14-7 days before arrival....so don't panic ;)

There was only 1 time we ever encountered a problem. When we booked directly with the resort somehow we got double booked on the air. I knew something was wrong a couple of weeks prior when I received an e mail with different flight times. I called and confirmed, thought all was good. The night before departure we called to confirm as found out we had two reservations. We were told when we arrived at the airport they would probably cancel BOTH reservations due to Homeland security. FREAKING out at 9PM on a Friday night with no one to help I finally talked with a supervisor at the airline who canceled one of the reservations. Thank the heavens she was so nice. She only made us promise our first born child that we would not be mad at her if we were double charged for the flight ;)

For e-tickets you really do not even need to print anything. Just show passport at the check-in.

Edited: 18 March 2011, 17:14
7. Re: How it works

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How it works

If you do an online airline check-in, that process MAY result in a boarding pass that you need to print.

If something happens with that process, either use a kiosk at the airport or a airline counter agent.

I for one am glad no paper tickets are needed now.

Milwaukee, WI
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How it works

CivicDriver,

I too am in the identical situation, leaving out of Milwaukee. Although I booked through Funjet over a month ago, I have not received anything other than an itinerary, which states that "for your convenience, please print a copy". Actually, I just now got off the phone with my travel agent who explained that your itinerary that you received via email must be printed out, and that, along with your passport is all you need for your travel. So not to worry. It takes a load off of my mind as well.

Have a great trip!

Maryland
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How it works

I've traveled with Funjet several times with no problems. You should get a booklet that has vouchers you will give to Lomas and the hotel. You won't get any of that until after you make your final payment. If you have paid in full, you should contact your travel agent or Funjet directly if you didn't use a travel agent, and find out when they will send you the booklet.

Funjet has always been reliable for us, traveling in Mexico, Jamaica and Dominican Republic.

Have a great trip!

~~Sue