We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in June

Paisley
Level Contributor
196 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in June

Hi

I'm looking to go on holiday in June and have been thinking of Playa del Carman but have seen that there is more rain in June than any other month. Does anyone know what kind of weather I should expect, is it likely to be very overcast for long periods of time and does it rain a lot in one day or is it just heavy showers that are over very quickly. I dont' want to go if I'm likely to get a lot of rain,

Thank you,

K

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in June

We are not sure what site is saying that June gets the most rain, but we think that is incorrect. June is technically the beginning of the rainy/hurricane season, but in truth it usually is pretty terrific weather. You might get the occasional storm but for the most part June is sunny and warm. As the summer progresses there is more rain and a higher chance of storms reaching a peak in September. Nobody can predict the weather but from our experience of living here for six years, we think April, May and June are the best weather months of the year.

Tony and Cheri

Luna Blue Hotel and Bar

Paisley
Level Contributor
196 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in June

Thank you so much for your reply, I read about the weather on the travel agents website, it's good to know that June weather is ok. We are thinking of booking the H10 Ocean Maya, do you know it? It looks lovely, some people are saying that the beach at this hotel is not so good because a lot of sludge comes in, do you know if this is the case? I know that a wall has been built along part of it to stop erosion but wondered if the beach in this area was nice.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

K

Unity, Maine
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in June

We've gone to the Playa del Carmen area the past 3 Junes and have had great weather. I think we had approx. one day of rain but nice the rest of the time. It was very hot and humid, however, and the pools were almost too warm (like bath water) from the hot air. The ocean is also pretty warm. But June is a great time to visit Mexico.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,872 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in June

Read the reviews on TA Paisley, upper left hand box, just type in the name of the resort. H10 Ocean Maya won't let me in to take a look see. I tried at Tres Rios to see the beach and they did there best to thwart me, but my minions snuck through and saw the mangrove damage while I was going through the presentation. Hurricanes destroy mangroves with salt walter and it's tough to restore them. If a beach is important than check the reviews, if you are still worried than Private Message one of the last people who stayed at H10 who did give a review and ask them the condition. There are more resorts to choose from.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in June

Not sure we would like a resort that turned OT3 away! ;)

Tony and Cheri

Luna Blue Hotel and Bar

Paisley
Level Contributor
196 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in June

Sorry I'm a bit lost with what's going on now?! Why were you trying to sneak in and why did they turn you away? Can't anyone walk right along the beach anyway without actually going through the hotel grounds?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in June

I went in June wow it was HOT some days 35 degrees, came back with a wicked tan

Chesterton, Indiana
Level Contributor
352 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in June

hot sun and long days in June sound so good to me after this past winter. from my experiance in my travels to the region is when it rains it rains. usually not the whole trip and very often not a whole day. I take yearly trips in Late Oct and Early Nov. which is supposed to be rainy season and I dont remember a day that I did not enjoy my vacation.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,872 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in June

Paisley, it's easy to check the conditions of the beach in Playa del Carmen and Playacar because the beaches are accessible and the beaches are free to anyone. The beaches are a little remote at H10 and it's a hassle to reach many by the beach. A frontal assault doesn't work as a rule because I'm not a guest of the resort. Just try to get into one of the Riu's property in Playacar, lots of security. I had heard the beach at Tres Rios was in terrible shape and wanted to see it for myself. That's where I learned all about the mangrove damage and how they plan to fix it. The problem is many folks on this forum want to know what their beach will be like for their one time trip. Some folks don't care so much about the beach and are looking at other amenities the resort has to offer.

You gotta understand Paisley, I'm the old nut who walks and paces off the sand beaches to see how deep they are. I carry a thermometer to check pool temps. I drive my kids nuts when we try different restaurants in the off the tourist road, and I make them all order something different so we can experiment. That can be tough when they have their favorite restaurants. And different adventure tours, aaahhhh. They do like the nightly tours of dessert shops in Playa. They still love me:-)

If a beach is really important to you Paisley, I would encourage you to Private Message on Trip Advisor, a recent person who posted a review on H10. If the report doesn't sound good then find another resort.

ingleside, texas
Level Contributor
166 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in June

We go yearly in June. Prices are usually pretty good, and the weather is great. A thunderstorm in mid afternoon can be very nice and cool things off.