We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

We are aware that my husband will have to wear long trousers and shirt at the RPM buffet dinner. However will I be turned away if some evenings I wear a nice top with nice shorts. Im not a fan of wearing dresses etc. I do have some capri pants and long linen trousers but I dont particularly feel lile wearing them if its really hot. We will be at the RPM at the end of May.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

Most resorts have a nice double standard where women can wear whatever they want for the most part:)

-Surf:)

Boston...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

You will not be turned away. I was just there. There is NO dress code for women at all. I know it is strange, but it is absolutely true. The only dress code RIU has is for men over 18 only. Enjoy, it is a nice resort.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,423 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

Long pants required for the buffet? Wow. I would go hungry.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

I've never heard of long pants (for men) being required at the buffet restaurants at any resort.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

Long pants are required for men at ALL restaurants at the RPM for dinner. That policy has been in effect since I believe it opened in 1999. We've been going there since 2003 and have seen many men turned away at the buffet. If you prefer dress shorts you need to book the RPRM.

GLC
arlington, texas
Level Contributor
209 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

I sure don't remember 4 years ago our husbands having to wear long pants to the buffet?? Are you sure????????? We're going in less than 2 weeks. Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

Hi All. Glad I have been reading all these responses, as I would have never packed long trousers, as I have been to all inclusive resorts in the past and they have always said you need long trousers,only to find when you get there you dont need them.

So as an additional question, can men wear SMART open toe sandles/flip flops or is it "toes in"?

Thanks all

Anyone there from 24th May to 5th June.... see you there

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

I would like to know the answer to that too.. We fly out May 28. Any more ladies willing to wear nice shorts) (obviously not beach ones!) with a nice top at the evening meal? Have bought some dresses but would like to wear shorts some evenings.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

I didn't see any attention given to shoes. My husband wore sandals but they were "toes in". The trouser requirement does seem slightly over-board but it is enforced. Like someone said, the waiters are in tux's so.... We were there in Feb & it cooled off in the evenings so heard no complaints from our guys but one did change back into shorts after dinner.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will I be turned away fro buffet at RPM?

To be honest we only found out about the long trouser rule after we had booked the holiday!