We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Lethbridge Alberta...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Can anyone tell me the difference between The Grand Sunset Princess and the Grand Riviera Princess? Seems to me it is the same resort and one of the 2 is the "better" or upgraded part of the property. But which is which? Also if you have stayed at either one of these properties, do you have any tips or recommendations as far as scoring a free upgrade or selecting a "nicer" part of the resort?

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

The Sunset and Riviera are mirrored resorts so both are about the same. We stayed on the Sunset side and loved the resort. We e-mail the resort about a week before we went and they said we could update when we arrived as it was during the swine flu season but when we got there we had no problems with the room they gave us so didn't bother. We were in the building furthest away from the beach( about a 12 min stroll) but loved the walks.

Michelle

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

hopefully this works for you...

maps, tips, menus etc.

https://docs.google.com/leaf…

Oakville
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Riveria side gets more sun on the swim up room pools than the sunset.

Lethbridge Alberta...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Thanks for the info and the prompt response. Do you happen to remember who your contact was (regarding the upgrade) and do you have their e-mail address. My wife and I are planning to go there for our 20th anniversary, and I'm hoping to include a couple of nice surprises that I would like to arrange ahead of time.

Thanks - David

This message was intended for mlroberts .... Michelle thanks again

Edited: 28 March 2011, 15:13
Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Hi David

I sent request to both

rrpp.concierge.sunset@princess-hotels.com

and

reservas@princess-hotels

Make sure you quote your confirmation # and also a little spanish helps:)

Hola and Gracias works for me

Michelle

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Oh and Congrats on your Anniversary :) We didn't have any special occasion when we were there but got a couple of bottles of Tequilla and a nice fruit platter which we thought was a really nice touch : )

Lethbridge Alberta...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Thanks again Michelle. I'll be sending off a couple of e-mails shortly to those that you provided. I've found a bit of leg work prior to the trip has payed off in spades in the past so why not try it again !!!

Oakville
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

If your asking for a upgrade make sure you request what you would like. If it's Platinum I recomend sea view. Its nice to sit on the balcony early morning and late at night when the cruise ships are coming and going from cozumel whils soaking in the jacuzzi tub. Also dont forget to request a bed type. King or 2 doubles. I hope you get what you request and have a great time.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Your welcome David. Hopefully they are the same contacts as a two years ago! I just sent my request to Grand Xcaret! Only 9 more sleeps :)

South Western...
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Sunset Princess - Grand Riviera Princess

Be sure to request up grade to ocean view platinum, the extra service is so awesome

private pool and bartender and room service is included

Event the privite chech in is top noch