We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with online check in at the RPDC

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Help with online check in at the RPDC

We are a party of four with two rooms but or reservation number is the same, so do we have to check in together or can each of go online by our selves?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

You check in with your name and travel date - not your reservation number

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

The resort confirmation number is 6 digit's...Not the reservation number of your travel agency or whom ever you booked with..

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

You can just use your name and do the whole check-in. It is super easy and it allows you to look at all the suites open in your category.

Enjoy the Royal is is an amazing experience!!

amherstn n.y.
Level Contributor
299 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

Hi I,m confused .

If i need a conformation # how and when do I get it or as ROMY-88 all I need is my name why the diferences in opinions?

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

Dante, You should have received a conf. # when you booked, it should be a 6 digit number that begins w/ a 7. There really isn't a difference in regards to the way you check in. You should be able to do so w/ either your conf # or your name but sometimes it can be difficult to do so w/ just a conf. # so that's why the suggestion to use your name comes up.

Last year when I went online to do the 48 prior to arrival check it wouldn't accept my conf. # for some reason so I was forced to use my name instead, no biggie. Keep in mind that if you booked a basic Royal Jr. suite (RJS) the only thing you will be able to do is check in, you can not pick your suite ahead of time but all other suite categories can check in & pick which ever suite is available at that time.

Edited: 02 April 2011, 03:08
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

We did our check-in just with our name and is went very smoothly.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

If you have a hotel confirmation number on your paperwork that you received from your tour operator, that most likely will not be the reservation number that you need. The 6 digit number is assigned by the Royal and that's the reservation number that would be used. But as others have mentioned, just plug in your name and arrival date for the online check-in.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
829 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

If two couples are going is it hard to get 2 rooms on the same floor of a building...just wondering????

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

Sweetpea thanks for asking this because I was wondering the same thing! What day do you go? We arrive on the 7th! I was also wondering if people really get up during the night to try for rooms or do it in the morning.

amherstn n.y.
Level Contributor
299 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with online check in at the RPDC

Thanks TA,s

I,ll just rely on my name and arrival date.

I did talk with my Travel agent and they sent back an 8 diget # starting with a 7 even after I told them it was a 6 diget #.