We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Topic
I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

I want some good laughs people! yours or someone elses! i will go first. we returning to PLAYA this June, we first visited in December 2009 and stayed at the RIU PALACE MEXICO. While it was a lovely hotel we mainly hung out at the RIU TEQUILA and the RIU YUCATAN at night and met more people our age (30-40). one night we met a couple whom we decided to have dinner with and sat down to have drinks with at the RIU YUCATAN. After about a half hour about talking about where we come from, occupations, etc, the wife tells me how she "sneaks" into THE RIU PALACE MEXICO ( she isnt supposed to be allowed in a PALACE ) by hiding her different colored wrist band with her purse or sweater. i kinda started to feel uncomfortable, but my hubby was chatting with her husband, so while i was trying to change the subject, she said she had to use the ladies room. so then after making small talk, the wife comes out of the bathroom comes back to our table and says " look at the stuff i got to take home out of the bathroom! i dont have to buy souveniers for the kids back at home!!!" i was mortified as i saw her take little turtle, iguanas and other mexican trinket decorations (that were on the bathroom sink ) out of her pockets to show her husband! my hubby and i gave each other that look and we high tailed it outta there! OMG! OKAY PEOPLE, let me hear what you got !!!!

Edited: 05 April 2011, 21:04
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

you guys are great! keep them coming!

i do have another funny story, but i was waiting till they got racy, because mine involves a moment of my "toplessness" we again were at THE RIU PALACE MEXICO and i love to swim the the ocean but hubby likes the swim-up bar, so i went for a swim topless (FYI- i dont walk around flaunting my goodies, i lay on the beach topless and swim only usually topless, depends on if others are doing it ) anyway my hubby meets on older woman at the bar, chit chatting, and just as i am coming out of the water, heading back to my chair, there he is introducing me to his new friend, i was fine with it, quickly got my towel to cover-up, but she looked me up and down, boobies and all and seemed disgusted. well later that night, we were all dressed up and hubby and i saw the woman and her WHOLE family (it was a reunion) and we walked over to say hi, and she introduced us like this "everyone this is Joe and his wife who was running around all day naked on the beach" -i was mortified beyond belief as they all gave me dirty looks! i did my best to avoid them the rest of the week!

calgary
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

retiree242

A few weeks ago at Mamitas I witnessed some self-important bigmouth telling the waiter to tell his boss that his "servicio es mal." I see this statement in a whole new way now. Thanks.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Many years ago when my hubby had thick dark hair and a full beard, we holidayed in Turkey. While we were there someone told him to try the 'experience' at the local barbers. This included a haircut, shave with a cut throat razor and removal of nasel and ear hair - YUK! Well he went and had the full experience the day before we went home. He looked so different from his passport photgraph that we were stopped from checking in and taken to one of those little interview rooms. Suffice it to say that it took some persuading them that he was the guy on the passport. That bit of persuassion and the fact that we still had some Turkish currency left eventually helped the situation! Now if he wants a haricut and a shave he gets it at the start of the holiday, not the end. Sadly, these days, there's not much hair left to cut!

Regards,

Deaconblue

Edited: 06 April 2011, 21:17
lincolnshire,england
Level Contributor
97 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Ours is another Tequila story. On our honeymoon in cancun 10 years ago we started doing shots around the swim up bar one afternoon with a load of new friends we'd made, thats the last we remember until the next morning. To this day neither of us can work out how we not only swam back across the pool but took our towels back, collect all our stuff and found are way back to the room. The worst hangover i've ever had haven't touched tequila since.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

ok i am embarrased i have so many OMG moments but i love to laugh and dont mind if you laugh at me! here goes another---MAZATLAN June 2010- our first full day of vacation we stayed at THE RIU MAZATALAN,and walked down the beach to MR. LINIOS (sp? ) drank 2 for 1 margaritas all afternoon, stumbled back to the hotel where they were having a TEQUILA tasting. well i was feeling like superwoman and threw back some strawberry tequila- walked back to the elevator and told hubby i need to lay down for 5 minutes. we were supposed to eat dinner at the beach party that night. i woke up the next morning to find sometime during the night a ate a cheeseburger with lots of mustard that i dripped all over the toilet seat (apparently i ate in the bathroom) and my hubby told me when he tried to wake me for dinner i said "i will get it done at 4" let me tell you i have never been that "out of it" since maybe 25, and i agree I STAY AWAY FROM TEQUILA SHOTS!!

Harrisbug, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Mine happened returning from our first child free trip to Cancun. I packed a variety of "adult toys' for the trip. We of course enjoyed our last night of vacation and I threw them on the top of all my clothes in my suitcase. So coming back home through Chicago, guess who gets pulled aside and searched at the airport?? Yes, me. The men are standing there with my suitcase asking me questions, Telling me they are going to search it and I should keep my eyes on them and watch. Uh, I wanted to crawl under the counter and die! My husband of course is just sitting there waiting, laughing hysterically! I'm sure the TSA workers were glad they were wearing latex gloves!!!

Cleveland, NY 13042
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

LOL cowtown!!!

Cleveland, NY 13042
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Once when I was on the nude beach in Orient Bay, St. Martin, I fell asleep on the beach and a Doberman started to lick my nipple. I opened my eyes and was scared to death. I asked my traveling companion to help me, but he couldn''t stop laughing!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

all i can say... is i'm so glad i'm not the only one :)!!

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

I'm not sure my drunk stories are funny but here goes....

We were by the pool at a resort. A young man had passed out on a lounge chair. His buddies thought it would be funny to tip him into the pool. The water didn't wake him up. He was in the water under the chair & didn't come up. Fortunately his girlfriend jumped in & rescued him.

At another resort, an older lady (50-60) passed out at the swim up bar. Two guys were holding her up to keep her from drowning. Finally they were able to drag her out of the pool. They laid her on a lounge chair, called the hotel doctor, & she was still passed out. Eventually she woke up.

She was back at the swim up bar the next day. I couldn't believe it. I would have been mortified!

Remember to behave yourselves or we'll be writing about you next!