We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Topic
I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

I want some good laughs people! yours or someone elses! i will go first. we returning to PLAYA this June, we first visited in December 2009 and stayed at the RIU PALACE MEXICO. While it was a lovely hotel we mainly hung out at the RIU TEQUILA and the RIU YUCATAN at night and met more people our age (30-40). one night we met a couple whom we decided to have dinner with and sat down to have drinks with at the RIU YUCATAN. After about a half hour about talking about where we come from, occupations, etc, the wife tells me how she "sneaks" into THE RIU PALACE MEXICO ( she isnt supposed to be allowed in a PALACE ) by hiding her different colored wrist band with her purse or sweater. i kinda started to feel uncomfortable, but my hubby was chatting with her husband, so while i was trying to change the subject, she said she had to use the ladies room. so then after making small talk, the wife comes out of the bathroom comes back to our table and says " look at the stuff i got to take home out of the bathroom! i dont have to buy souveniers for the kids back at home!!!" i was mortified as i saw her take little turtle, iguanas and other mexican trinket decorations (that were on the bathroom sink ) out of her pockets to show her husband! my hubby and i gave each other that look and we high tailed it outta there! OMG! OKAY PEOPLE, let me hear what you got !!!!

Edited: 05 April 2011, 21:04
Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Ours involved a room snafu. We had arrived at our hotel late at night after a very early flight that morning and we where placed in a room with one bed, we had our son with us so this would not work, That night they brought in a bed and told us they would take care of everything in the morning and get us moved, we where very tired so said ok. The following morning the moved us to a new room, we arrive at the new room to find 1 bed once again, after going to the front desk and explaining the situation they said our mistake and gave us a key and room number my son and I went back to the other room to get some of our things to take to our new room, my husband went to the new room to make sure it was correct, he slipped the key in the door opened it up and found a very shocked older woman that was completely naked, he quickly apolized and went back to the front desk. That night at dinner we had booked an ala carte and wouldn't you know it seated right next to us was the woman my husband had walked in on earlier that day.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

I started really young with embarrassing myself on vacation.

In 1983, I went for a dip in the Dead Sea. For some reason, I had a rash that was not visible but burned like crazy from the salt. An attendant had to hose me down while he and my dad continued to laugh at me until I stopped screaming, It messed me up for life...

Fast forward

2007 at the Golden Parnassus: I remember doing tequila shots at the tiki bar one night and the next thing I remembered was waking up on my balcony at 4:00 AM, on the ground with a broken patio chair next to me. Wife was fast asleep in bed. Ooops

2008 at VIM: First day. Arrived to the resort at 10AM. Room wasn't ready until the afternoon but we hit the swim up to pass the time. Woke up at 8:00PM in our bed (nice room), sunglasses broken, no clothing. Wife says I was doing cannonballs in to the lazy river and security followed us all the way back to the room.

2010 Royal in Cancun: Day started out normal. Drinking beer at the swim up bar. Started talking to people... End up doing shorts with two dudes that did security for Blackwater in Iraq and a rugby player guy from Ireland and his new wife. We had a floatie in the middle of the pool that served as our table and it was covered with shots, beer, mixed drinks... Anyhoo, things get foggy here. Wife says I had my arms on the edge of the pool and I was falling asleep. She ushers me back up to the room and we proceed to order just about every item on the room service menu. She spend the next hour trying to convince me that I need to put on shorts for room service to come in. I am very reluctant. Eventually, when room service arrives, she puts me on the balcony (with shorts). I hear room service and come back in to the room startling my wife. She has several plates in her hands and proceeds to drop every one of them on the floor - burgers, pizzas, shrimp, guac are everywhere. Several people enter our room to clean up the mess - we were just bystanders at this point. I salvaged a cheeseburger and ate it on the patio. My wife was not pleased with how things transpired.

Beer before liquor...

cameron park, ca.
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Thankfully, I don't have many tequilla stories. S everal years ago we went to a resort for my birthday. Each morning during that fabulous week my wonderful hubby sang happy birthday to you.....On the dreaded trip back to the airport, I asked him if he'd like a piece of gum 'cuz his breath didn't smell very good. He replied, "That's because I've been kissing your butt all week!" Thank you, Tweetybird, for a great question! This is the best! Keep 'em coming!

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Keep them coming, these are priceless.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

While staying at EPM two years ago, my husband and I spent two hours one afternoon out on our balcony watching a passed out drunk being rescued from the pool outside our room.

He was passed out cold and we watched as first one staffer tried to wake him, then another, with no success. Soon managers began appearing and assessed the situation. They tried to locate his wife but could not.

In the meantime, the guy woke up just long enough to puke all over himself and in the pool, which was disgusting.

Eventually, there were a dozen people there as they tried to figure it out. They floated a mat into the pool, three of the staffers took off their shoes and they went into the pool and hoisted him up on the mat, still out cold. Next we saw a wheelchair being rolled over to the side of the pool. They managed to get his dead weight out of the mat and into the chair on the 2nd try and we watched as he was wheeled away to his room.

All in all, two hours and the best happy hour entertainment of the trip.

We learned the next day that his wife was passed out in the room which is why they could not find her.

Edited: 07 April 2011, 12:29
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

I went sleep walking around the Rui Yucatan last year with no clothes on.

I woke up and could not remember what room I was in as it was the first night. I nearly pooped myself!

Luckly it was the only room in the block on that floor with a Do Not Disturb sign on.

This year when going to the RPM, I will leave the bathroom light on and put a chair by the door before I go to bed! Oh... and no Qetuila!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

MiDzie, if your on Honeymoon, sleepwalking will be the last thing you will be doing ;)

MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Some pretty funny stuff on here:) Mine involves a trip to Antigua with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. This was their first trip to an AI and my S-I-L really overdid it on the first day. She didn't make it to dinner that night. When my B-I-L went back to the room she wanted him to order room service (which they didn't have at that hour). She proceeded to call her daughter back home in MA and told her to call 911 because she was being held hostage by her husband.

I could go on and on.......

East Providence, RI
Level Contributor
281 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

A few years back, I believe it was 2005 my wife and I stayed at the Grand Carib Real in Cancun. My wife had never tried tequila before. We had gone out to a local bar where everyone writes their names on the walls, and I suggested a tequila shot with our Dos XX. She reluctantly agreed. Well 1 shot turned into 2, and we proceeded to walk back to the hotel. When we arrived it turned out to be Mexico's independence day and the hotel had a big cart full of hay with tequila bottles all over it. If you drank a shot they hung the little clay cup with Mexico's flag colors around your neck. Well by dinner time she had 6 cups hanging around her neck. Well now the rough part... It was a buffet, she piled her plate about 5 inches high... Mind you we are sitting with several other couples.... Then about 10 minutes into the meal passes out face first into her plate. A very understanding waiter helped me carry her back to our room on the 6TH floor.

But believe it or not she still likes tequila... Only her taste has gotten a little more expensive. She now goes for the Clase Azul

East Providence, RI
Level Contributor
281 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: I want to hear your most hilarious OMG! moment on vacation!

Oh, I might add that the only reason she knew how many shots she had be cause she woke up with all those cups still hanging around her neck.