We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

Brooklyn...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

We are heading to the Royal June 13-19. Anyone going to be there at that time? This is our first time there and I am so excited!! We are going for our 5 year anniversary!!

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del...
17,589 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

We arrive May 31 (til June 7). First time at RPDC, but several trips to PDC

Connecticut
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

We will be there June 10-17...our first time to Mexico and RPDC....can't wait! We will be celebrating our second anniversary!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Brooklyn...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

Awesome! Sorry we will miss you shelb wavegirl we went to Mexico for our honeymoon 5 years ago and stayed at Excellence Riveria Maya. We loved Mexico. This is our first time at this resort but I am sure it is going to be great!!!! Congrats on the anniversary.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
denver
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

We are going as well! Not celebrating an anniversary quite yet....but, very excited! :)

Brooklyn...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

Great to hear! I am so excited I can't stay off of trip advisor. I check it like I check me email. It has been such a long winter and I really can't wait for the warmth of the beach!!! I hope this resort is awesome!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

I also hope this resort is awesome....my husband and I are so excited...we haven't been on a trip together since we got married in Hawaii two years ago....(both our second marriage)...jjacp1....my husband was born in Brooklyn....we are practically neighbors....living in CT....

after reading all the posts I hope there is not alot of issues with getting chairs in the morning by the pool or beach....seems to be the big negative...

I hate the thought of having to get up at 5:00am to reserve chairs! Still hey, if we have to sit on the sand all day that is fine with me....

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn
Brooklyn
New York
denver
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

Or we can form a system and we each choose a day for 5am wake-up??

HA!

I hope it isn't an issue too!

Brooklyn...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

Wavegirl...I am pretty sure its not the same Brooklyn, we live in a small town in Pennsylvania called Brooklyn but we are still pretty close to you. I love Hawaii!! I was stationed there. I am with you on the chairs! I hope it is not so bad. I had hopedit was going to be that busy when we are there but if you go on to look at the price now they are sold out on Wednesday so I am wondering if it is going to be a busy week. The price is almost doubled for that week also. laura....I like the way you think!!!! I hope we don't have to play the towel game as well. I also don't mind sitting on the beach either. I am so excited that I can't wait. Wavegirl...what day is your anniversary?? Ours is the 17th.

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn
Brooklyn
New York
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

There are lots of chairs at the resort..we were there for 18 days in January and never had a problem with gettin chairs..we were normally down by 9-930 in the morning.We usually sat in chairs by the sea not the pool. We were oceanfront and did see alot of movement with people in their robes and towels runnin around to try to save chairs. As long as you are not picky on the exact chair there are lots of em there to go around. Don't sweat it go and have a great vacation!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone heading to RPDC in June?

jjacp1...our anniversary is acutally in May...the 19th but we will celebrate it in Mexico!...

We have relatives in Harrison City, PA.....love Pittsburgh!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania