We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Porto Recent Reviews?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Gran Porto Recent Reviews?

Been reading some negative reviews about GPR recently (the beach, over-booking tactics, the food, the standard rooms, etc.)... I'm a bit worried that we made a mistake choosing this resort.

Any input? Thanks ...

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Porto Recent Reviews?

I am heading to GPR on Sunday for a week......I have been reading the reviews for months and 99.99 % of them couldn't say enough good things about the place.

It's true the beach isn't that great right in front of the resort but the beach goes on forever in either direction and the view is still the same :)

If anyone looked at photo's of the resort and rooms;they would know that the standard rooms are just that.

This will be my 4th trip to the area.....1st time at GPR.......and am truly looking forward to spending an amazing week there............your vacation is what you make it and if you nit pick everything...then you will find fault in anywhere you go............so I wouldn't worry about your decision in the least.............you will have a great time......if that is your intention :0)

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Porto Recent Reviews?

What are your expectations and reasons for choosing the GPR? It was perfect for us, but we are only in the room to sleep and get cleaned up from the beach. So Super 8 type rooms are fine with us and that is what the standard room is. The food and service is top shelf and we absolutely loved the location. If you are never leave the resort type people this isn't going to mean much to you. Food and drinks available 24/7 with room service included we thought it was absolutely the best.

So what are you looking for?

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Porto Recent Reviews?

Take a deep cleansing breath and shack those jitters. You'll have a great time at the GPR.

Were those reviews from Brits? ;-)

Kent
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Porto Recent Reviews?

what are you saying about the brits?? if you looked at the reviews you'll see that they are american and canadian mostly, only 1 brit in sight!!! 95% of the reviews are very good anyway, which is 1 reason - as a brit- why i booked this hotel. a few bad reviews don't bother me as some people just wannna moan about anything..

5. Re: Gran Porto Recent Reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 23:15