We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
766 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

I think i have tried them all....Super Skinny Serum by Paul Mitchell, the Eversleek line by Loreal, etc, etc. Flat irons dont work. I don't have super curly hair, but the minutes there is ANY humidity, I start to look like Gilda Radner from SNL! I have even thought of getting the Brazillian Blow Out by my hairdresser, but I don't need to pay $300 before I go on vacation.

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna, if you find something, in your quest, to prevent the frizzies, please let me know about it! My wife has been searching herself!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

How about the "Frizz-ease" range by John Frieda? I use the conditioner over winter and it stops static frizz. They do shampoo, serum etc as well.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

I love the Redkin stuff for sun, not sure of the exact name but believe it has "sun" in it :) I have curly hair too and it helps with dryness, frizz, etc.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,892 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

I have naturally curly hair too. In Calgary's dry climate it's manageable but in Mexico it's more Bozo The Clown sans the rainbow colours.

I admitted defeat a few years ago and now wear my hair in a ponytail or chignon the whole time. I find that a dollop of regular conditioner usually keeps the whole thing under control but if more discipline is necessary, Schwarzkopf's "got2b glued" does the trick. This stuff is SUPER sticky and dries crunchy but I challenge anyone to have even a single flyaway in hurricane force winds after using it!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
766 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

I've also tried "Living Proof" Straight Making No Frizz styling cream (havent tried it in bad humidity yet). It was muy expensivo, but it just might work. I bought it at Sephora.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

You can try a very expensive product available at salon stores (or a store like Ulta if you have one around you) called "It's a 10" Leave in Product. It comes in a spray bottle and you spray it onto wet hair. It's sort of like a leave in conditioner, but it detangles, controls frizz, and 8 other things I can't remember lol. I have that fine, frizzy, flyaway hair that is not straight and not curly, but I have a TON of it so it's hard to control in every weather. I really like this stuff.

A friend just gave me a Neutrogena hair product..it's a leave in product too...I haven't tried it yet but she loves it for controlling frizz. I could only find it around me at Rite Aid.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

There is a do-it-yourself Brazilian blowout available on eBay. Its called Encanto. I believe it is about $50. The seller always gets great reviews on this product-you might want to check it out. I have been thinking of doing it for quite a while.

As far as how I deal with it-Paul Mitchell skinny serum and hat, clips, pony tails. Theres no fighting it for me. I generally bring styling aids and just let it go curly.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,301 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

I too have given up (after hubby's comment one dinner that my hair was growing and yup, I had the best 80's hair when I went to the bathroom to check it out!), and now keep it up in a clip or barrette at night.

Plus, I have a TON of hair and it takes over 30 minutes to dry it at home with a very powerful hair dryer and I refuse to take that much time (or more) of my vacation 'doing' my hair when it is so humid anyway (heck, I don't even spend that amount of time on it on a daily basis - clips for me at home too)!

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

I have been using AVEDA hair products for years and I will never give them up.

Try the Aveda Smooth Infusion line and I guarantee you will not be sorry.

The items are a bit pricey, but not much worse than any other salon products.

Aveda is not sold at just any salon. Go on their website and check it out.

Aveda.com

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
291 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi Ladies! Any favorite hair product to prevent the frizzies

I love Biosilk Silk Therapy. It smells wonderful, keeps your hair tame, and boosts shine! You can also use it on your skin :)