We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you spend your first day on vacation

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brooklyn ny
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
How do you spend your first day on vacation

Once we check in.,We shower and I always put on a pair of white shorts, white t shirt and white white flip flops, why I do not know but what is the color I always start my vacation off with. We stroll to the bar to get a cold stiff one, and explore the hotel . What do you do?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

If a drink isn't offered when we arrive, either my husband or I will check in while the other finds something cold to drink. Then off to our room, unpack just what's necessary, put our suits on, and if we haven't been to the resort before, grab another cold one and explore the resort. If it's a repeat resort, straight to the swim up bar, which is usually pretty busy since it's around 3:00 - 4:00 pm by that time.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

After being in airports for 12+ hours and a van for almost 2, I need to walk!

So after check in we get to our rooms and have a few cold ones while we get ready, grab another for the start of our "exploring" and walk down to the beach around the pools, find the restaurants we want to try while there ect...

In general just get to know the place, catch a lil buzz and walk off the airplane legs!

Woot!

I love vacations:)

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

I agree shelb, our suits are in our carry on (so even if there is a problem with the check in luggage) we have what we need when we get there. Check in, get changed, explore a little if a new resort and to the pool or beach bar. Can't wait! June 5 Riu Palace Riviera Maya.

ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

Kind of depends what time we arrive..if room is ready we unpack..then go explore if we have not stayed there before..first and foremost i must get my hair braided...so long hair products!

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

Get to my room and change into bathing suit, grab a drink as I head to the water and jump in!

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

We don't even unpack, it's off to lunch and then the bar...it's always enjoyable unpacking with a bit of a glow on. It makes it fun the next day trying to remember where you put your clothes too...lol

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

After 6 plus hours of travel, we are usually starving, so it's all about the food! After full bellies we will explore the resort, check out the beach, have a few drinks, get the lay of the land. By then hopefully our room is ready, and off we go.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

A drink as we check in, minimal unpacking in the room, into bikini and down to the beach. Holiday has not started until there is sand between my toes!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

We go to the room unpack and to the water beach/pool find a drink and enjoy the ocean breeze.

Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you spend your first day on vacation

flight arrives @ 11:00...do carry on so if all goes well, clear customs/immigration & in car rental within 1 hour.....get car rental...stop at El Fogon for a fix in playa....hit walmart for 3 days worth of supplies( booze/water/food)...off to Tulum for 3 days...usually on the beach by 3:00, which gives you just the right amount of sun for first day...not wasting anytime out of the sun we unpack at night or next day, as Mayan gringo stated can be pretty interesting doing that with a buzz....ahhh PARADISE !!!

Edited: 20 April 2011, 13:24