We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WiFi at Royal

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
WiFi at Royal

The website for the Royal states that wifi is available in Royal Jr. Stes. Oceanfront category rooms and up. Does anyone know if this is accurate or if the wifi is accessible in lower room categories?

Also, how is the wifi in the public areas?

Thanks

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WiFi at Royal

Welcome to the forums Joe! Wifi is available in all of the suites categories at the RPDC. It may be slow/spotty in some area's but it's there nevertheless. The wifi in the public area's is great. I sat outside at the Mediterranean Bar last year, I was giving live updates here on the forums & it worked like a charm. I plan on doing the same this May.

Edited: 25 April 2011, 17:48
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WiFi at Royal

Wifi worked well 90% of the time last week. Sometimes Skype was a bit jumpy and once or twice there was no signal for a few miutes. I too was able to give twice daily updates.

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WiFi at Royal

This is exactly the info I needed. Thanks

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
624 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WiFi at Royal

In October we had a Royal Junior Suite Oceanview and had free wifi. Worked fairly good. Used it mostly in the evening to catch up on email and stuff. And remember we were in the far block of rooms away from the main pool. Our room was 925 so right beside the Penthouse suite on the 4th floor.

I figure we had to be aways away and it seemed good.

Enjoy your trip.

Booked and paid for for this October 19-26th. Can't wait to be back in paradise. Regardless what some people are ranting about!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WiFi at Royal

Do the rooms also have connections if I bring along an ethernet cable?

Edited: 25 April 2011, 21:41
Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
624 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WiFi at Royal

I do not remember seeing a cable to plug in. But I was not looking for one either.

Hopefully other people who know will respond to this. Sorry.

7. Re: WiFi at Royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 10:22