We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

Just got an e mail for a $4200 a week rental at the Jersey shore. That is for the house only....no food, no drink, no entertainment, no waiter service, nobody doing the cleaning, no nothing. I'll take 10 nights at the Royal Playa Del Carmen and be pampered in October for less than the price of the house!!! Cleaning and cooking on vacation.....can you imagine???

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

Dont forget NO Snookie...yuck!!!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

Hi Amazin! I could not agree more. My mother suggested yesterday that we take a summer trip to St. Petersburg, FL because she has an 89 year old Uncle that she would like to visit. I thought "Oh that sounds like fun." Well, I looked into the details and a 7 night trip will cost the SAME amount, only without food, drinks and all the rest that you mentioned, as it would for say Dreams Puerto Aventuras. Granted, that price for Dreams is a steal right now, but geez. Like you, I want to enjoy my vaca and not have to be concerned with cooking, cleaning, etc. That's my full and part time job here at home! lol

Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
804 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

Actually, this past week at the Royal I saw about 1800 Snookie lookalikes. Which was both entertaining AND disturbing.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

$4,200 is cheap, in the Hamptons on Long Island house rent in from $10,000 and up. LOL

Edited: 29 April 2011, 16:39
St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

That is just crazy, Sig! lol

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,285 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

Some people choose quantity over quality, some the other way around.

I would choose neither of those....I would choose a condo rental for about $1500 for a month in some nice quiet small town in Mexico. :)

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

I know, but there are still many wealthy people who do that, I have been there and it is really a nice place, but I take Maya anytime, so much nicer and of course cheaper.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

Oh, I know, I was just teasing. That's the nice thing about travelling, there is something for everyone out there!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,208 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

If you got a $50 million dollar Christmas bonus on top of a multi-million dollar salary, a $30,000/month rental on a house in the Hamptons is cab fare!

I hope this makes the people who earn $50,000 a year and think billionaires deserve additional tax breaks very happy!

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'd Rather Be Pampered for 10 nights, Thank You.

My wife watches this show Real Housewives of NY, and these people hang out in Hamptons, can't wait for the Real Housewives of Riviera Maya. LOL