We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Maya or the Reef Playacar?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
Viva Maya or the Reef Playacar?

hello. 2 adults, 20th anniversary trip early June.

good price on bookit.

We want a beautiful beach, no rocks, some shade. I dont really want to trek thru another resort to get to our beach either.

fun evening entertainment, but we are easy to please. clean rooms,dont care if they are al ittle dated for our budget.

Fresh hot food with plenty of choices.

pretty, romantic grounds are a nice perk.

. which should we pick, VWM, Or RP?

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Maya or the Reef Playacar?

Going to the Reef in 3 weeks!!! Hoping it is a good choice for our budget!!!

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,621 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Maya or the Reef Playacar?

The Reef is a budget AI. I actually don't know how they do it. The rooms are small, but most have balconies. It's really a beautiful setting. They both share the same beautiful beach.

I have not had a chance to visit Viva Maya, but it sure looks beautiful from the beach, lots of palm trees. Then I'm a sucker for palm trees.

upstate New York
Level Contributor
555 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Maya or the Reef Playacar?

I have stayed at both. I think for what you are looking for I would choose The Reef. I am always on a mission for a BUDGET vacation, good food, good beach, clean room, and staff that go out of thier way to please.

Have a great time.

duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Maya or the Reef Playacar?

stayed at the Reef in march. cant beat it for the price. beautiful pools and beach. nightime entertainment is minimal but you are 5 min from town

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viva Maya or the Reef Playacar?

We stayed at VWM last June and really enjoyed. For your anniversary I'm not sure if it's the best choice. Although in spite of our teen being with us my husband and I still made time for romance :)VWM is very family friendly and has great pricing for kids. So depending on when you go there maybe lots of kids. Did you price Viva Wyndham Azteca? I believe there are less kids there. That maybe a good choice and is on the same great beach.

6. Re: Viva Maya or the Reef Playacar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 22:18