We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holbox

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Holbox

Need some expert advice. Planning on spending 4 to 5 weeks in the Playa del Carmen area in Jan. and Feb. and would like to find out info on going ot Holbox for a couple of days. We would want two full days there. Is there anything in packages or tours that you know of. I do see one day trips but do want a little more time. Any help would be great. Wendy

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holbox

I have only looked into going...can take the bus from Cancun to Chiquilà (where you take the ferry to the Island) or hire a private transportation company.

This thread and that forum should help you.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g616319-i10828-k42…

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holbox

Never been, but I, like CW, like to do things on our own rather that a tour or package. But I just want to point you to the tulum.info forum as I've seen some more discussion on Holbox on there. Go and do a search or even post this same question.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 00:24
Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holbox

Thanks for the replys. It is really late at night so this weekend I will look into it all. Many thanks again. Wendy

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
617 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holbox

Hacienda Paradise, a nice boutique hotel in Playa also has a property on Holbox. They can arrange transportation etc.

5. Re: Holbox

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 07:19