We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu playacar

mpls mn
6 posts
Save Topic
riu playacar

staying riu playacar week of feb 25 wonder

about drees code for eating and best building and floor to stay on. thanks

Tecumseh, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: riu playacar

I was in # 5219 last building on the right, closest to the beach,faces the walk way. The other side (in the same builing)looks at the other back side of the hotel next door. Best I figure. Was there Jan 21-28/06. Great time....

mpls mn
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: riu playacar

thanks for info.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riu playacar

We will be going to the Riu first week of March...do you request the room ahead of time or are you planning on asking on arrival. Is there an effective way to do this where you actually have a say in which building you get??

mpls mn
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: riu playacar

will tip at front desk and ask for building #5. last 2 years in cancun got very good room doing a tip.still trying to find out about the dress code in restaurants.

Tecumseh, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: riu playacar

Did not tip, just asked for another room, They gave me the yellow - 1st on the left, furthest from the beach, I was told that the first 2 (left hand & right hand sides) from the restaurant, closest to the road, is the loudess for noice at night (garabage trucks etc.)

Mine was great, closest to the beach, #5219, just make sure for the inside, looking on to the walk way.

Going back feb 15-20 - to the allegro playacar with my kids

See ya

Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu playacar

We went to riu Playacar last March and loved it! We didn't request the room ahead of time just got lucky I guess. If you look out to the ocean we were on the left hand side facing the walkway. It was the 2nd building back from the pool, a yellow building. It was first floor on the end just steps from the ocean Loved the closeness to the beach.

Dresscode is very casual in the buffet.We never ate in the restaurant which you had to make a reservation for so not sure what the dress code was. I would say you would be safe with slacks for men.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: riu playacar

So for those that offer a tip for the room request...how do you handle that...??? I assume you have to offer the $$ before or while you are making the request and then how much do you tip for this request?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: riu playacar

We are staying at the RIU Playacar in March. I have never stayed at a RIU, looking forward to it. We love the area. Is room 5219 in the middle building? From what I understand there are three building on each side, and you don't want to be in the building closest to the lobby, because of noise. Is this true? I have one more question. I heard there is a two-three foot drop off to the beach from the resort. Is it eroded? Thanks!

Tecumseh, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: riu playacar

5219 is the last one on the right, closest to the beach, and the beach is awsome, no drop off at all, your regular beach, actually I walkes south for 1/2 checking out the others, and this is one of the nicest, never have to woory about getting a chair....

And the closest bar is the swim up, no far at all..

See ya

Tecumseh, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: riu playacar

This is a picture of the 2 swim up bar bartentenders, sooo much fun with them, Benjimen, And Apollo

Great guys, have you laughing all day