We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

How are the beaches at these resorts ? We are

debating on choosing one of these for our fall vacation.

Are there alot of "Beach Vendors"

Can you take a LONG walk on the beach or is it obstructed in some way that prevents taking a nice long walk

Any insite on either or both would be wonderful!

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

Check out my beach photos from SMB (cloudy camera)

http://tulumphotos2009.shutterfly.com/197

Can walk north or south on the beach for awhile. Might want to ask KK for her recent pics of the new beach beds

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k44934…

In the Maroma area there aren't vendors on the beach that I noticed, access is limited. But resorts do invite vendors to set up booths on the resort grounds some nights. IMO better off shopping in town or even at the airport for a little souvenir.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

There were a few vendors at Capri last year, but not as many as we've encountered at other places. We were disappointed with the beach there, but we had days and days of rain, so there was a lot of repair and clean-up going on.

The nice thing about Capri is that you can walk south past some high-end resorts like Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Rosewood Mayakoba, Fairmont, and Mandarin Oriental. We walked all the way down to Grand Velas, and we really enjoyed it. The beaches at some of these places are really pretty and very quiet.

As nice as it was to be able to walk at Capri, I don't think it's in the same league as the beach at SMB...truly spectacular. And in my opinion, there is really no comparison between the two as far as service; SMB is head and shoulders above Capri.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

The beach at Secrets Maroma is one of the nicest in the area. MUCH nicer than the beach at Secrets Capri.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
193 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

Been to both, the beach at Maroma is amazing, and definitely better than Capri. However, I don't agree that the service is better at Maroma. From my experience, the service at Capri was the same, if not better than Maroma. We are returning for our 4th trip to Capri in a few weeks. We went to Maroma last year and do not have any desire to return. However, if the quality of the beach is important, go to SMB.

Tn.
Level Contributor
185 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

The beach at Maroma is MUCH better

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

Hi, just wondering if any other people had thoughts on the pros and cons of the two resorts. We're researching for our honeymoon and would like a lovely beach but also wonderful rooms, service etc to match - all probably equally important! What about day and night activities and entertainment at the two? Are they similar? Thanks so much for all your help!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

I've never been to Maroma, but have been to Capri. What we saw a SC was a bimodal distribution of the clients. There were the 20 something honeymooners and the over 50 crowd. People in their 30/40 were missing while we were there.

Capri is a very cozy resort and like I said there were a lot of honeymooners there. Secrets is a very good brand so I don't think you will find tremendous differences in service etc. The big difference from what I've read is the beach.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 23:35
WV
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

Go with Maroma for the beach. Service should be the same.

Vancouver WA
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

I have been to both and love them both. Smb is great and the beach is great however I would not pay what SMb is now charging. If you walk south on the beach about 5 min will have nice sandy beach for swimming at capri. Don't get me wrong smb is great but with the increase in demand the price has also increased. Saving your money for a 1st anniversary trip... ;

WV
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach at Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma

Gotta disagree about the beach 5 min south of Capri...bottom is a mix of sand and mud that has a sprinkling of rock and root. It is better yThan Capri, but not comparable to Maroma or even the Puerto Morelos beaches which have a tendency to be sea grassy at times. IMO