We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Playacar / Caracol

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
121 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sandos Playacar / Caracol

I will be traveling in July to the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort and was wondering if you have the Sandos Caracol wrist band if you can spend your day at the Playacar without any problems. I would like to go and see the difference between the two resorts. All your help would be appreciated, thanks.

PA, USA
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos Playacar / Caracol

I am in the same (or similar boat). We are debating between Sandos Playcar or Caracol for 1 week in December 1st week. We are 6 adults and 6 kids of age 2, 3, 4, 6, 11 and 11. Can anyone help us decided between these 2?

Thanks

We are booking hotel and flight separately and it looks like Caracol is $100 less for 7 nights. Please help. Thanks!!!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
121 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos Playacar / Caracol

I already booked Caracol from July 6-14 and was wondering if I can visit the Playacar and enjoy all amenities that they have to offer as well. I stayed at the Azteca last year and they allowed all guests to visit both resorts. (Eat Drink & Play)

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos Playacar / Caracol

I just returned from Sandos Playacar. I did not see anyone from Caracol. Or, I should say, did not see anyone with wristbands that did not look like the blue, tan, or black ones everyone at SP wore. .

I think I remember reading that since these 2 resorts are so far apart they do not offer this service.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandos Playacar / Caracol

Hola

You will need a day pass to visit Playacar if staying at the Caracol or the other way around @$90.00 per person plus taxi $18.00 each way. Free for Select Club and Royal Elite members, plus taxi.

At the Caracol the golf coarse should be finished now, as we did a day visit there in January from Playacar resort. To see what upgrades they had done . We stayed there in May 2008 for two weeks.

Hope that helps

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandos Playacar / Caracol

Good to know icescraper.

6. Re: Sandos Playacar / Caracol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 05:28