We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RPDC difference in rooms?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
709 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
RPDC difference in rooms?

Hi all, I am staying in one of the junior suite rooms at the royal, I know this is the most standard room and from what I can gather the next one up is the ocean view rooms, is that the only difference in the rooms the fact that one is ocean view and mine wont be? I also gather that you can only do this online check in thing if you are staying in at least an ocean view room is that right? I also gather that you can upgrade but its cheaper when you get there? Is it worth the upgrade? Shall i just stick with the room I have? thanks.

central NJ
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RPDC difference in rooms?

I was there in April and stayed in a regular junior suite. I think it was suite 813. The room is exactly the same as an ocean view suite except for the view. Our room was on the quiet side of the resort and had a view of the courtyard. We could see a little bit of the ocean from to the left of our balcony. I did not think it was worth it to upgrade to OV.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
709 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RPDC difference in rooms?

Thanks I might not bother then

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RPDC difference in rooms?

the only consideration to not having an oceanview room is that you could have a view of the street. If you plan on using your balcony, that would not be the best view, IMO.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RPDC difference in rooms?

Is a King Size bed a must?..The standard jr suite's have more double beds...

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RPDC difference in rooms?

We stayed at the RPDC in April 2010 and at the Royal in Cancun in April 2011. Both times the upgrade from standard jr. suites to Royal Oceanview was less than $100 per person for the entire weeks stay through our tour operator. I don't think you will get the better rate by waiting until arrival.

If the room location and king beds are important, then I suggest the upgrade. If you don't upgrade, please don't complain after the trip that you booked a king room and they gave you double beds! :)

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
268 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RPDC difference in rooms?

I'm here now and have a king bed suite. The resort is sold out and we got what we requested in a king room, as did our friends. I wouldnt waste your money on upgrade.

7. Re: RPDC difference in rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 05:32