We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri - Special Event on X-mas Eve/Day?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Capri - Special Event on X-mas Eve/Day?

Ok, so we booked Secrets Capri in place of Couples Negril for our annual “10 days of Xmas”, lol.

Question to anyone who stayed on Christmas Day/Eve – is there a gala type event? With a concert, premium buffet, etc?

We’re kind of spoiled by Couples X-mas and their beautiful holiday décor, ice sculptures and beach Santa rides included.

Is there something like that at SC? anything festive?

a really minor thing - I clearly see the Grand Marnier bottles at SC lobby bar pics... is it available?? we're not beer people, but if there is good vodka (Absolute does just fine) and GM or Drambuie type thing for after-dinner, life is good.

We are beach people and I realize the cons of SC beach... well, means we'll have to make it out to Puerto Morelos 1-2 times.

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri - Special Event on X-mas Eve/Day?

I haven't stayed over Xmas - just got back from a trip to Secrets Capri at the end of May and the resort was marvelous then. However, I wanted to direct you to the Secrets Capri Facebook page. Like it and you'll be able to post your question there. Numerous former guests (some who have been 3, 4, or 5 times) are great about answering questions, plus there is an e-conceirge who monitors the page for the resort. You'll notice his direct email all over the page. My experience was he was great about returning personal email questions. They may not know plans this far out yet, but you may at least be able to find out what they've done in past years. Cheers!

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri - Special Event on X-mas Eve/Day?

Thanks CampCC! i'll look up the FB page, makes sense.

i think we'll be ok. a little apprehension about the Capri judging by some reviews - but I've read some terrible ones about Catalonia Bavaro in DR where we went last... and it rocked.

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Capri - Special Event on X-mas Eve/Day?

Well, we loved it. My review and pix finally just posted. Scroll down to the June 1 reviews and you'll find it. :)

Newtown Square, PA
Level Contributor
603 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri - Special Event on X-mas Eve/Day?

Secrets Resorts offers plenty of festivities around the Christmas holiday. The resort will be decked out in colorful Christmas décor and play festive music throughout the property. The resort will also offer an amazing Christmas dinner and buffet that will make the holiday even more special. You may even get a surprise visit from Santa Claus!

5. Re: Secrets Capri - Special Event on X-mas Eve/Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 15:15