We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

uk
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

hi everyone, i am curently in Playa Del Carmen, and the weather has not been great for the past 24 hours...Not sure if there is any more rain predicted for today and this week...but do you have any suggestions of activities which are not weather dependant ?! thanks....is there any shopping malls in/around the downtown area

1. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2011, 14:07
uk
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

lol....Forgot to add a small precision...travelling on my own :)

3. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2011, 14:07
Edited: 12 June 2011, 14:07
Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

Win.

buena, nj
Level Contributor
176 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

There must be a room with books and puzzles. You may as well go in the pool (unless it's lightening). Wet is wet.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

Have you any idea how long it's supposed to rain for? We're coming on sunday, dreading bad weather! We knew it was rainy season but were assured it would only be in short sharp bursts, but the weather forecast looks pretty bleaky the whole of next week!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

Who may I say assured you that it would only rain in short bursts? Was he wearing a robe?

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

Well, it was the travel agent who seemed to know everything, but was clearly overestimating her own knowledge!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

Ah I see. Sorry that her ambitions were elsewhere with you. When you get back, advise her that June is one of the rainiest months, besides, Sept, Oct. Good thing that is is raining now for you, so this system has a chance to pass, which I think it will. In fact, the sun is trying to poke through as we speak...

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,836 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rain for the past 2 days...what to do ???

"but were assured it would only be in short sharp bursts"

In my experience, that's usually the case but if a bad weather system affects the area for longer, then you're going to have longer periods of rain. It's not particularly common but hey, it happens.

My view is that a rainy day in Mexico beats a day in the office no matter what- I just use the time to beat my liver into submission with copious mohito consumption or catch up on my reading. Lots of AI resorts provide rainy day activities too.

Edited: 06 June 2011, 16:40