We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alux Lounge in PDC - Open Or Not?!

Montreal
Level Contributor
803 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Alux Lounge in PDC - Open Or Not?!

Been searching the internet, their website says they are closed, I emailed them twice since May 3rd and never received an answer, called them twice no answer.

Anyone knows whether they are open or not?

We are going to Mexico the last 2 of July for our Honeymoon and would like to book a reservation for 2.

If it is open, what day of the week would you recommend us to go? We're not looking into having a party with loud music and packed with people, we're looking for a romantic dinner with some lounge music. Should we go early in the week instead of Friday, Saturday?!

Thanks for your help!

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,872 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alux Lounge in PDC - Open Or Not?!

Here is their web site and you can e-mail them. There was one TA review who dined at Alux in June 2011 and 2 in May 2011. Their web site says they are closed, but the reviews indicate they are open.

www.aluxlounge.net/FTP-ingles/index.html

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alux Lounge in PDC - Open Or Not?!

I read elsewhere that Alux has new owners and is open. Maybe they just did not take over the website and update it.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alux Lounge in PDC - Open Or Not?!

There are new owners that did not take on the website. They are open.

Copied from Facebook:

Dear Crissy, yes, Alux is open again!!! If you wish to make a reservation, please call 984 206 ALUX (2589) or 984 1471563. Or just have a look on the new FB page "Alux Restaurant"! Alux is waiting for you! Kind regards, Sandy

California
Level Contributor
147 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alux Lounge in PDC - Open Or Not?!

Yes it is open again, we ate there last month. We loved it, the food was OK, the filet mignon was excellent however.

Montreal
Level Contributor
803 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alux Lounge in PDC - Open Or Not?!

Thanks Everyone!! :)

I read that the food is so-so. I don't really care coz the atmosphere and beauty of the cave makes up for it!

Does anyone know whether it is loud with music in there?

We don't want to be eating in a club...we don't mind the music as long as the place isn't packed with people dancing everywhere.

I don't quite know what to expect. When is the best day to do there where there's no party going on?

Thanks again!

6. Re: Alux Lounge in PDC - Open Or Not?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 23:19