We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Codes or deals for January 2012

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Richmond...
Level Contributor
311 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Codes or deals for January 2012

Has anyone run across any travel codes or deals for January 2012? I am looking in particular for either Secrets Maroma or Excellence Riviera Cancun. I have found a couple, but they end in mid-December 2011.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Codes or deals for January 2012

Orbitz 200entertain promo code will most likely be released in the next couple of months, they usually do late summer..7 nights or more gives you 200 off..that is the only one I know of that may be coming up. :)

New York City
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Codes or deals for January 2012

I'm actually looking for the same exact thing. If you come across anything please share. I'll be sure to do the same. American airlines vacations has "ok" deals.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Codes or deals for January 2012

I had one from Orbitz that I posted last week. It expired on the 7th and was for $100 off a 6 night Mexico vacation. I signed up for their emails-it doesn't hurt. I get approx 10 emails a day from various vacation companies with deals. Every once in a while I get one that I actually use.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Codes or deals for January 2012

Not a code or a deal, this is a tip:

We are going the week of Jan 4th.

-Airfare is always cheapest on Tuesday flights as a general rule.

-The week we are going is a cheaper rated week. It is after the holiday weeks but before peak winter travel season begins.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Codes or deals for January 2012

Also, I will add in pricing our trip, I painstakingly found some resort numbers. I got a mere $10 credit on my skype account to call internationally at an affordable price. I found in talking directly to several resorts front desk, a reservation would have been much,much cheaper in booking directly with them instead of with apple/funjet/travel agents. Iberostar from an agent $500/ apple $400/Iberostar's front desk $298 for one example.(My husband was still worried about doing that, so we didn't. If it were up to me, we would have.)

-Get the hotel number, the one with the 52 country code. If it's a 800 number, it's not the resort itself you would be talking to.

-Offer to pay in pesos instead of a credit card upon arrival. No international card processing fees. They won't loose money buying pesos from the payment in dollars.

-Never wire money to pre-pay. That is common sense, I wouldn't do that anywhere, even in the States.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Codes or deals for January 2012

I did a search on TA forums the other day and I found an Orbitz coupon for $100 off. Book/travel by 3/31/12 for a minimum of 7 nights package. Code is TRAVEL100 (no spaces between travel and 100). Typed it in and it worked.

7. Re: Codes or deals for January 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:18