We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kindle question

Powell, Tennessee
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
kindle question

Received Kindle for my birthday and am bringing with me in a couple of weeks. Not planning on bringing my laptop and I was wondering if anybody has used the email that is available? Have a new assistant at work and she is a little nervous about me being gone.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kindle question

It probably depends on which 1 you have. I just have the regular kindle. I didn't have much luck with email.

It was great for reading by the pool, on the beach & plane.

Maybe someone with the 3 G can answer this.

Have fun!

STL
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kindle question

My wife was wondering if the 3G would work also. She'd rather buy books while sitting on the beach so she can get something that fits her moods at the time. . . . . Instead of having to plan her reading out now. I assume it won't work, I've been meaning to check with amazons support but haven't done it yet.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,819 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kindle question

I have friends in Cozumel who use the Kindle and download with no problem. No reason it wouldnt work in Playa.

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kindle question

Is Kindle 3G or Wi-Fi?

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kindle question

My kindle (3G) worked to download stuff in Malta. the email is quite small but it worked. I'm taking mine to PDC in August so expect it'll work there.

H

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kindle question

I have the old kindle with just wi-fi. I never have luck getting on the kindle storefront when I'm in Playa. I have tried it all over the area down there, including the airport, and never had any luck.

But the 3G kindle probably would work.

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kindle question

I just received an old Kindle and it works fine for book downloads here - I have good high speed in my house so it obviously depends where you are, as always with wifi

best

cat

thelittlemexicancookingschool

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kindle question

i used the 3G kindle in gran canaria in may when my husband couldn't get a signal by the pool in a hot spot with his wifi phone i was sorting out the two weeks in Mexico in September. Had no problem with facebook, twitter or BBC news page

Powell, Tennessee
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kindle question

Thanks. I have the newest version with 3G, told my hubby that it was a must have extra. He replied it was for my birthday and I could have which ever I wanted, this trip is also part of my present. Can't wait, we leave on the 2nd of July.

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kindle question

Make sure you have a Data roaming package or you could be facing huge charges when you return home.